tjwilson's latest activity

• tjwilson
    tjwilson replied to the thread Apollo Racer.
    Quick update on the sissy bar extension. I added 3-1/2" to the length. Connection detail after cleanup. Here's a detail of...
    • 01_extension01.jpg
    • 02_extension02.jpg
    • 03_extension03.jpg
    • 04_extension04.jpg
    • 05_connectionDetail.jpg
    • 06_detailAfterCitric.jpg
    • 07_detailAfterPolish.jpg
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson replied to the thread Rat✭Rod.
    NICE!
    • 21CD6E84-1069-42C6-9354-5B4078DFC3DB.jpeg
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to Brian macumber's post in the thread Sportmaster with Like Like.
    Looks good.
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to bear bear's post in the thread Sportmaster with Like Like.
    looks great :thumbsup:
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to Bike from the Dead's post in the thread Apollo Racer with Like Like.
    Okay, thanks.
  • tjwilson
    The Apollo kind of reminds me of a flipped girl's frame... in a good way. Trick to the blown out photo / lack of floor space is to have...
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to GuitarlCarl's post in the thread Apollo Racer with Like Like.
    I do love Apollos. I've got a ratty one I keep rebuilding. Right now it's out in my boneyard. I too like the blown out photos but I...
  • tjwilson
    Started with a bike in pretty good condition to begin with. Just gave it a good scrubbing, new seat, reflector and a few minor...
    • 01_driveSide.jpg
    • 02_headbadge.jpg
    • 03_guard.jpg
    • 04_seat.jpg
    • 05_rear3qtr.jpg
    • 01_driveSide.jpg
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson replied to the thread Sportmaster.
    Thanks. Glad I took that route instead of a complete overhaul / update. I agree, that was all it needed and anything more would have...
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to Bike from the Dead's post in the thread Sportmaster with Like Like.
    Sometimes all a bike needs are a few little touch-ups to make it nice again. Great job TJ!
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to Captain Awesome's post in the thread Sportmaster with Like Like.
    Looks great. Finished bike forums are now open
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson replied to the thread Sportmaster.
    Got the images of the assembled bike finished up. Pretty happy with the build results. Nothing fancy just a nice, simple comfortable...
    • 01_driveSide.jpg
    • 02_headbadge.jpg
    • 03_guard.jpg
    • 04_seat.jpg
    • 05_rear3qtr.jpg
  • tjwilson
    Never tried oxalic acid so I can't say which is better. Citric acid is what I heard of first and it's always worked for me. I should...
  • tjwilson
    tjwilson reacted to Bike from the Dead's post in the thread Apollo Racer with Like Like.
    Would you say that using a citric acid bath to remove rust is better than using an oxalic acid bath to do the same thing? I've been...
  • tjwilson
    And speaking of citric acid baths... here's some of the chrome before and afters. Everything was put into a mixture of half a teaspoon...
    • 01_pieces01Before.jpg
    • 02_pieces01After.jpg
    • 03_fenderBefore.jpg
    • 04_fenderAfter.jpg
    • 05_seatStemClamp.jpg
    • 06_seatStemClampAfterStripCitric.jpg
    • 07_seatStemClampAfterPolish.jpg