tjwilson's Recent Activity

1. tjwilson attached a file to the thread Shortbow.

Handle Bars Started with a set of donor bars, bars that I had tried on a build a year or so ago that didn't work out, and some straight...

01_donorBars.jpg 02_firstCuts.jpg 03_riserAdds.jpg 04_barsAndSeatTemplate.jpg 05_barsAndSeatTemplate.jpg 06_barsAndSeatTemplate.jpg 07_barsAndSeatTemplate.jpg 08_barsAndSeatTemplate.jpg 09_barsAndSeatTemplate.jpg Jan 23, 2020 at 9:59 AM
  2. tjwilson replied to the thread Shortbow.

Hadn't even considered that there might be a machined surface for the washer. It's hard to see in the image but the tightening bolt on...

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:46 AM
  3. tjwilson liked Chad T's post in the thread Shortbow.

Also the banjo fitting requires a machined surface for the crush washer to seat against. That other caliper should work well. Have you...

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:12 AM
  4. tjwilson liked sandman's post in the thread Shortbow.

I heard surfing is good on the west shore . Hang ten ! :dance2:

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:12 AM
  5. tjwilson attached a file to the thread Shortbow.

Seat Haven't gotten into the actual metal work yet but I did get started on the template for the seat. It's going to be pretty long....

01_seatTemplate.jpg 02_seatTemplate.jpg 03_seatTemplate.jpg 04_seatTemplate.jpg Jan 22, 2020 at 1:36 PM
  6. tjwilson replied to the thread Shortbow.

I hadn't found those but I did run across similar fittings. Unfortunately the banjo bolt is different than the straight hose bolt and...

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:22 PM
  7. tjwilson liked restodave's post in the thread Shortbow.

I'm probably late too but I found these banjo fittings on ebay. The are like the fittings @HuffnPuff posted. The are compatible a number...

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:18 PM
  8. tjwilson replied to the thread Shortbow.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I won't be making the cut off. Advantage there is that I do have time. Now that's a great idea! I'm...

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:18 PM
  9. tjwilson liked HuffnPuff's post in the thread Shortbow.

It might be a bit late as we are running out of time and you already have some brakes, but some of the higher end Shimano disc brakes...

0714D2D2-CDA8-4B16-BC82-135C2D1495DA.jpeg Jan 22, 2020 at 12:56 PM
  10. tjwilson replied to the thread Shortbow.

Thanks and, you are probably very right. I was thinking black powder coat for the durability. But then again, bare metal is about as...

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:48 PM
  11. tjwilson liked Psychographic's post in the thread Shortbow.

Your second option looks much cleaner to me. I think you are concentrating too much on the brake line, once it's all together it's not...

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:42 PM
  12. tjwilson replied to the thread Shortbow.

My head is swimming from diving into the hydraulic brake rabbit hole! I know very little about automotive or bicycle hydraulic brakes....

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:42 PM
  13. tjwilson liked The Renaissance Man's post in the thread Shortbow.

I have no experience with bicycle disc brakes so I'm wondering if the fittings are compatible with automotive fittings. If they are,...

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:29 PM
  14. tjwilson attached a file to the thread Shortbow.

Thanks. They sure have some beautiful photos of pretty cool hardware at that site. That splice comes closer to what I was hoping to find...

01_hoseRouting01.jpg 02_hoseRouting02.jpg Jan 21, 2020 at 4:27 PM
  15. tjwilson liked Chad T's post in the thread Shortbow.

Might be doable if you found the right diameter tubing. You could use one of these splices to connect to the flexible line. [IMG]...

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:08 PM