Recent content by toro1978

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. toro1978

New Ruff Porucho build

Yes, but if I am not mistaken it has a custom made from scratch front end.
  2. toro1978

Blue Meanie Mod's

I am quite curious how it goes further. Is there supposed to be a second pivot point or am I missing something? Quite impressed with the chair cartridge trick.
  3. toro1978

Columbia 🐪 CamelBack - ‘21 2n1

I pictured such a fork setup with the main fork backwards as well. However I love the offset of the front wheel in your version.
  4. toro1978

ROUNDING THE BEND

I think the original design of these forks is somewhat limiting. I mean, the axle on your fork is in the middle of the rocker, between the front and the rear fork. I have a similar double springer fork and the axle is positioned under the front fork. However I quite like the design that is...
  5. toro1978

🏁 LE MIRAGE - An update.

Hey, say, could you provide me with a link for that axle? This is the size that usually goes with the cotter pin cranks, only this one is square taper, right?
  6. toro1978

Bobber style Anyone?

I have tried it, but with bolts and didn't like it very much. I had also bolted the pieces only in the middle. It looks great with rivets though.
  7. toro1978

Bobber style Anyone?

I love this connection here:
  8. toro1978

Rookie builds by veteran builders

I remember that one very well. It had my vote. Visually quite stunning.
  9. toro1978

Rookie builds by veteran builders

This is basically the beginning of my journey, I think shortly before I discovered RRB: Yep, it's my electric felt bike, now the only thing that's left from this picture is the frame, everything else has been replaced :D Then this is my first BO entry: And then this is the build that...
  10. toro1978

Countdown to build off 18

Well, people usually go for cruiser frames as a starting point (class 1) because they usually have more pleasing lines than a mtb. An mtb also has a relatively restricting geometry to play around with bars and seating arrangements. But there have been builds, for sure. I think many of us have...
  11. toro1978

You in with what?

Lol I know the Abraham Linkage, but had no idea that it is called that just because Linkage and Lincoln. I actually always assumed that Jerry Springer is a dude that came with this particular design and some Abraham fellow came with the other design. I never cared enough to research it...
  12. toro1978

You in with what?

Omg you are right. I remember reading about it in the news. But yeah, I saw them called that around here on RRB. A quick example:
  13. toro1978

You in with what?

That's the type I mean, I have seen them referred to as Jerry Springer fork
  14. toro1978

You in with what?

I am starting to think "yes". I go mentally through my parts storage/junkyard and I have a cheap cruiser frame with bsa BB, that has the seat tube mutilated, so the seating arrangement might be a challenge, which I love. I have a 635 mm rear SS wheel that desperately needs to be trued, so maybe...
  15. toro1978

You in with what?

Since driving a fork lift is a huge part of my work I would find a rear steering bike insanely fascinating. I am quite curious about both the way you set up the steering and the learning curve to be able to confidently ride it.
Back