Recent content by tucker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tucker

Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

This has been hanging on a hook for about 15 years. This build off might inspire me to get off my rump and do something with it. I have no idea what it might be. I have most of the pieces I need so I am running out of excuses. Now I have 2 weeks to figure it out and dig out the parts.
  2. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Ingola thanks for adding the build thread. I took it for a long ride today. The seat has to be raised other than that it rode like a KLUNKER. It is no wonder why they started suspension systems. Cheers
  3. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Thanks to Rat Rod Bikes for continuing the Build offs. They very creative and the workmanship is fabulous. This bike started off as a Murray and ended up a Kuwahara.( anything can happen in these build offs.) Thanks.
  4. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Here it is done. Another fun project. All the parts, paint and air were leftovers from other adventures. Cost $0.00. I hope everyone has is enjoying the there builds and the creativity. Cheers
  5. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Welcome to summer, it is supposed to be 65 degrees here next week, gotta love daylight savings. A little more done it the bike this week. I picked a saddle that has an adjustable width. It starts out skinny then as you get older and wider it will accommodated your new found girth. Also I had to...
  6. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Ok, starting to put it together. I am going with the small brake pads to start with and dia-comp levers. Then the Gt cranks and Diamondback pedals. I found some old school grips and bmx stem. Here it is so far
  7. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Painted l will let the paint harden for a couple of days then start putting it back together. Ingola we have had 1 week of winter so far, we need about 4 feet more of snow. With the temperatures at + 9 I don’t think we will get it.
  8. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Painting has started, spring is almost here. Yesterday I wore a t- shirt and shorts, in February in Canada whodathunkit. I guess the tires I put on it are called red walls not gum walls, my mistake. Here is a shot of the paint so far, it will be red and black when finished. This build off is...
  9. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Sanding the frame, I guess I should be thankful that the guy who painted it last, stopped painting after he emptied the first gallon of paint. I have been sanding for 2 days and it is still not ready for paint. I also found some old gum walled tires for it. cheers.
  10. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Back at it, life keeps getting in the way. The bridge for the rear brake was far too thin to drill for the brake as it was originally a coaster brake bike. I made a piece out of angle. I then cut the fork and changed the stem. It looks fine…ish but I think I will want the bars closer to the...
  11. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

thanks metalchewy, the crank is now in and the chain aligned. Then I put the fork on a realized I grabbed a 24 inch by mistake. I now have a correct size fork and the handle bar on. Next will be the brakes. I think I will paint it with a brush, spraying dose not work here in the winter. Now I...
  12. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Hello, I am finally getting started. Starting with the wheels. i have some old Ukia rims from a mountain bike. I tried to take the free wheel off with an air chisel, it did not go as planed.It came off in 2 pieces.I found an 18 tooth freewheel. Going with a single speed.The next will be the...
  13. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Matti you are right about the moose bars, there is no adjustment on them. I like the top set of bars, I have no idea what they came off of, I have had them for years. I am going to put on of my other projects on hold and get started on this one soon. Thanks
  14. tucker

ORBO LEFTOVERS

Hi, this years build will be made from parts that are just lying around, the left overs. I am going to start with a Murray cantilever frame and add parts as I go. I can not paint in the winter so it probably will not be pretty. I have a few projects to finish so I will be a slow starter. Here...
  15. tucker

Cockpit shots only

Yes it is a current photo, thanks for the tip on the clear coat.
Back