Recent content by Uncle Shish

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Uncle Shish

Murray Fleetline Let's see em!

62 Fleetline, refurbished and polished. Tank is incorrect but I got it cheap and painted it up until that day I find the correct one. Painted rack to match.
  2. Uncle Shish

1962 Murray Strato Flite?

I sure appreciate the detective work. Being a one year bike will make finding the tank that much harder. Now I'm wondering if a lower model tank will mount up? I found one on eBay - a little rough but would clean up half way decent.
  3. Uncle Shish

Good work, detective❤️
  4. Uncle Shish

That is cool. I found the 62 ad earlier today as well. I had read, I think on the CABE where they mentioned the bikes were chrome beneath the paint. Ever heard anything like that? I haven't seen the Murray Strato version in chrome. Perhaps someone removed the paint at some point? Just a thought 🤔
  5. Uncle Shish

Thank you. I sent a PM to your source on The CABE.
  6. Uncle Shish

Thanks much. That looks real close. Mine has a different rack on the front and no holes for a fender ornament. If it were a Western Flyer would it still have a Murray logo on the rear rack? I appreciate you chiming in. If anyone needs more photos I can do that too.
  7. Uncle Shish

Picked up this Murray yesterday. I believe it's a 1962, and most likely a Strato Flite? Serial number MOU 70....200146. It's hard to tell as most of the identifying factors are missing. I'd like to find the tank and bezel for it ... don't care if it functions.
  8. Uncle Shish

1942 Elgin mod/restoration Project

Finished up tonight 2/6/2024. I will do a more appropriate photo shoot in the spring.
  9. Uncle Shish

Thanks! The bad news is I may have spent all my build-off money 🤣
  10. Uncle Shish

Had a very productive day today. The sun was out and got a 40+ degree February in Michigan bike ride in and with my bike buddies, just about finished the Elgin. One more day of tinkering and this will be wrapped up.
  11. Uncle Shish

Uncle Shish Build-Off Bikes & More!

1962 Schwinn "Tuxedo" formerly a $25 Skipper
  12. Uncle Shish

The trouble maker. This 1950 Hornet in "chartreuse" created quite a stir over on The Cabe in regards to it being an original color. 15 pages of arguing. Fun times.
  13. Uncle Shish

1959 Rollfast Champion refresh/restore for the wife Before After a gool ol' oxalic acid bath, chrome and paint cleaned up nice. Made a new chainguard decal and had the fenders powder coated and striped as there was no saving the chrome.
  14. Uncle Shish

FOUND Elgin rear Delta Reflector

Photos are not mine - just an example of what I need to complete a mod/resto. I have Paypal or Venmo for each of our trading safety and I do not mind paying fees.
Back