Recent content by us56456712

1. us56456712

Show me your fixed gear bikes. Any fixed wheel bicycle is allowed.

Very early Gloria track bike. 1920s. Skip tooth block chain.
  2. us56456712

BO15 The Silver Maggot reborn

It got to 80 F for a few days last weekend. There was still snow in the Woods last Saturday. It’s gone now. Now 30s F at night, 40s during the day. Summer is over, now it’s fall. I better hurry and start my build, winter is just around the corner. Only 23 more days until the daylight starts to...
  3. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

Not sure as I didn’t look but now that I think about it it could be a non thread on that they bought and it didn’t fit. I’m not sure what it is. It’s still in the plastic shopping bag that was used to tie it to the frame. I did a hook shot into my attic junk pile from the top of the ladder.
  4. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

It’s in my garage attic. I’ll photo it when I climb the ladder for something else. I hardly looked, just peeked in the box as the cogs were loose, didn’t want to loose anything.
  5. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

It’s off the shelf. It looks like it is the highest level of the 1991 PDG Asian built Paramounts. It seems like The Paramount Waterford, Wi factory ordered some prototypes from Panaracer to see if they could build a good enough bike to their standards and frame specification. They then sold them...
  6. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

There was a free corn cob, still in the box that was tied to it. I can’t push that.
  7. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

Wow, I didn't find any of this info Thanks. This makes me wonder even more about what it is. Notice how the front wheel is as close to the down tube as early track bikes. I'm now more confused.
  8. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

That’s my guess also. The group set is Shimano 600 tricolor. The Waterford web page lists a red white and blue frame with 600 group set under their PDG page for 1991. You mentioned that these brakes were available in 1991. Since the crank was built in 1990 I’m pretty sure this is what it is. A...
  9. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

Wow cool, thanks. It’s OD code on the crank arm. So the crank was built April, 1990. Some other components might be newer? I find it a little strange that not more info was archived, not much is available to tell you who built it. Perhaps that wasn’t as important back then as it is now so no...
  10. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

Thanks. Not bad for a free bike that fits me. I’ll continue to look at Schwinn catalogue. When I first saw it I thought 90s because of the Tange tubing. There is nothing on it stating if it was built in the USA or Japan. I’m thinking Japan.
  11. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

This color combo for a road bike is not shown in any period Schwinn catalogues that I could find. I could only find it on mountain bikes. I did find a post from someone who owns on he bought new. He claimed that it is a team issue bike and sold as a frame set only. His has campy group set and...
  12. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

I read all that but it wasn't helpful. The closest paint job I could find was from 1988, but it wasn't the same.
  13. us56456712

My new Schwinn Paramount

Thanks for that info, I will leave the step bars off. I wish I could find the year. The Schwinn and Paramount sites don’t have one with the same colors. I already have some nice road bikes but this is the nicest.