VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite bikes!

• 01. 12 Year Project - LBCJ

Votes: 82 26.8%
  • 02. 1935 Rollfast Motobike - whitecoyote

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 03. 1936 - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 04. A LONG TALE - franconuevo

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • 05. BADBOY - Jake Sensi

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • 06. Bare Bonnie(ville) - Blackout

Votes: 108 35.3%
  • 07. Bare Metal Electra - hewey

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 08. BarrelBanana Lowrider - SwissGuy

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 09. Beauty is in the eye... Liner - Missing Link

• 10. Bo11 Weevil - Wildcat

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 11. Bourbon & Blue - PublicNuisance

Votes: 48 15.7%
  • 12. Campground Cruiser - azmathys

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 13. ChromeDoubt - supergoob

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 14. Crusty Flyer - Hunter Cummins

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 15. CT Schwinn - MplsCoaster

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 16. Deco DX - Jaypem

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • 17. Double Bar Denim - metalchewy

• 18. DRAGN - dragnusa

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • 19. Dreamcatcher Indian Arrow - gigmata

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • 20. Ed's 1941 Elgin Deluxe - MazdaFlyer

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • 21. Elgin Board Track Racer - Uncle Shish

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 22. ELGIN Decoluxe - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 142 46.4%
  • 23. ElgIndian - brett4christ

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 24. Elgin Mutt - idiotboy

• 25. Flobar - ratrodz

Votes: 104 34.0%
  • 26. FrankenHiggins - hammer mechanic

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 27. Frankie Four Aces - SlyRed

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 28. HAUL-iN! - OneHorsePower

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • 29. HEXMACHINA - PINOYRATRODDER

Votes: 58 19.0%
  • 30. Huffman - Scribble

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 31. Krustomized Kruiser - MONARKofSoCal

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • 32. Last Minute Panic - macncheese

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 33. Mid-Western Flyer X-16 - SkyknightJohn

• 34. Miss Prissy - MrLeghorn

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • 35. Naked Panther - Chad T

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 36. Night of the Flightliner - krazykort

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • 37. Oberleutnant - kowalski385

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • 38. One - Liner - OddJob

Votes: 36 11.8%
  • 39. Peace Love and Choppers - johnp.smith

• 40. rELEVENt setback - Falstaff

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 41. Riverside Hoodride - Georgeediii

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 42. Rizzo - SoulGarageOH

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 43. Rockin' Rollfast - GuitarCarl

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 44. Ro11fast or Go Home - mrs. link

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 45. Rollfast - us56456712

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 46. SaltHammer - kingfish254

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 47. Schwinn Drop Out - gowjobs

Votes: 53 17.3%
  • 48. SPINAL TAP - bean

Votes: 59 19.3%
  • 49. Stretched Shelby - cthomps

• 50. Swamp Dog - G-Matt

Votes: 62 20.3%
  • 51. SYNRGY - bikedudeofomaha

• 52. That Old Wheel - SSG

• 53. Trans-it - oddrodal

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 54. What ever man - deorman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1,696 total votes at this point from 290 members, each voter placing an average of just under 6 votes.

Luke.
How many forum members are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year there were 233 voters

I think it's obvious we need to do better in 'getting out the vote'. Direct mail (email), multiple websites advertising, word of mouth; all need to be employed as means to get more voters.

I think it's obvious we need to do better in 'getting out the vote'. Direct mail (email), multiple websites advertising, word of mouth; all need to be employed as means to get more voters.

I sent an email out last week to about 3000 subscribers and posted it on both FB and Instagram asking them to vote.

The reality is, some people don't really care about these competitions as much as others do. It's kind of like asking people to take a survey.

I'd say the whole thing was pretty successful...bikes, journals, finished bikes, votes, etc....keeping in mind it's basically a group of grown adults playing with bicycles. :bigsmile:

272 voters for BO 9 so it looks like we about normal on voter turnout.

I think it was an awesome Build Off with a high level of top quality builds.
I know I am proud to be in the same Build Off with each of you.
Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Having fun at this should always be key!!!
CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!

Make the voting available to anyone visiting the website without having to sign up and having to be a forum member.
I had quite a few people that wanted to vote, however, they simply did not want to sign up and if they did they experienced trouble and confusion when doing so.
I have to admit it was a bit troublesome for a uncommitted visitor just wanting to support a builder.
I have been thinking this last week, 2 different voting options ie: a public/open vote without registering accessible from roatrod home page and a forum members only voting would work well.
I also do not care for all of the comments being allowed as part of the voting thread, it completely detracts from the purpose and results. I would consider doing strictly a voting poll, loose the thread aspects
That's my 2 cents
Thanks
Matt

Yeah, like I say, it's a bicycle website intended for people to have fun with a hobby.

Spending countless hours going back and forth over the voting process is not exactly what was intended. :)

Just ask the winner of BO#4 how it changed their lives....BTW...who was that again? :rofl:

IMO, the unlimited votes is great.

The ideal number of votes will be different every year because the builds will be different every year. Some years have clear winners, others lots of close calls.

Voting for all is the same as not voting. That doesn't put any bike ahead of others.

As someone said, "was there a sale on moondisks?". Looks like wheel covers rule this year. But maybe not next year. I voted for them because I like the look and because I have 2 bikes in my collection with covers.

Voting for yourself. If you only get 1 vote you know it was you. Having unlimited voting allows you to gather a few votes instead of nil. That gives you a warm reason to try again next year. Sure beats a total rejection.

Rick

multiple websites advertising, word of mouth; all need to be employed as means to get more Participants .. as far as voting , i still think it should somehow be for people who have seen the process.

Its all for pure pleasure that we build our rides , we would have done it without a buildoff anyways, but we then being ''compared'' in the voting...:tmi:

Last edited:
I'll keep the "builder-only" voting - via the SurveyMonkey link I messaged all the builders with - open until Thursday at noon. Make sure you get in there and cast yours!

N
I'll keep the "builder-only" voting - via the SurveyMonkey link I messaged all the builders with - open until Thursday at noon. Make sure you get in there and cast yours!
No way I could sit and vote for each bike. Just too hard to narrow down. 6 stuck out like sore thumbs,so 6 I voted for....

So is that it? Not sure if the close time is central time or adjusted for me. Real close race for 2-3-4 and 6-7-8 and 9-10-11! And let me be the first to congratulate TRM for an awesome job! There are a lot of patience and hours involved, but you also have to have style and a vision to pull off builds at that level!

I don't have any awards or anything, but there are three bikes I really dug and thought would be at the top, although they all did well. So ,my personal attaboys go to brett4christ, gowjobs, and the bourbon & Blue bike for outstanding work.

Good times everyone!

Latest posts

Back