Can Anyone Please Identify This Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi all! Can someone please help me identify this bike. Not much is known about it except it was acquired by my cousin over 30 years ago while working at the studios in North Hollywood California. The Schwinn badge holes in the front are not perfectly straight, so that ruled out it being a schwinn Although I believe the forks at from a Schwinn. I'm sure it not worth much, I just don't want to go crazy spending money to polish a turd so to speak. Also I haven't been able to locate any serial numbers or any other kind of markings. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 324
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
The top tubes are pretty unique, and I'm sure I have seen that before. Someone will probably i.d. it eventually, it may have to be bumped up to the top a few times.
:forum:

The dropouts don't match up with any of the designs used by most of the bike manufacturers from the 50's or 60's, Evans, Ross, Snyder, Schwinn, Columbia, Huffy or Murray. Maybe Mossberg, but that's just a guess.

Everyone thank you for the feedback. I was hoping someone could identify the frame. I guess it probably some studio creation. Lol

I had one of these 4 bar frames awhile back I was told mine was sears but the I was told Murray then ross then I finally gave up because could not find any info on them thei were made by someone but who I do not know but I can tell you mine was dated 64 -66 from the few people that knew the frame design the double top tube is a ross feature though but rear drops don't match up

Ross also had an extra bigger hole in the center of the head tube which would be covered up by the head badge. Nevertheless, that's good frame for a build.

Looks like a Sears FlightLiner frame to me.

It has a schwinn head badge that was affixed to it but the holes were off center. It was obviously put on by someone not factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured, but i had to ask.,,, i see now you addressed that in the OP; sorry bout that. FWIW, i don't recall seeing a bike with those lines or those dropouts. I'm inclined to guess it's newer than most of us initially thought; might be something like a 70s Trailmate, although those dropouts are quite different from the 80s Trailmate dropouts...

Not saying it IS a Trailmate; just saing it's probably one of those intermediate-aged, often forgotten marques. Do you know what diameter the downtube is?

Anyone have ideas on paint schemes? I'm gonna have it blasted and powder coated. Not sure if I want to go modern with loud colors or stay black with maybe red rims with whitewall tires. Would appreciate any ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going to spend the bucks to powdercoat, I'd go with a classic deep purple or something out of the usual color. Check out some photos of the colors on bikes from the 40's and 50's. And since you're spending money, get a set of red or copper 57mm wheels with a 2 speed kickback they sell here. Then you'd be set!

Latest posts

Back