Hello From Chattanooga

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been signed up for awhile,but I'm just now starting to post. I've got several bikes all of which have a banana seat and apehangers. I'll put my two major projects here for now and add more later.
IMG_20160416_212602993.jpg
I call this one Frankenstein,I got it as a bare '73 Schwinn Varsity frame and pieced it together into what you see here using new and used parts from various sources. Little bit of mountain bike here,some BMX there,etc.
IMG_20160510_194513.jpg

Here's my Dec. '68 Pea Picker. Bought as "parts" and ended up fixing it up into the only rat rod krate I've seen. I'm not planning on restoring it and I ride it all the time.

Welcome Connor.
A car guy from Chattanooga, that's unheard of.:grin:
Dig the pea picker.

Welcome! I'm in Chattanooga too, live on the North Shore and work downtown. Might see me commuting on one of my bikes...couple of New Belgium bikes, a fully polished mountain bike with green tires, a red 70s road bike, or a huffy cruiser I did in red primer with a back seat on a rack. Nothing too ratty yet, but I've got a 50's monark I'm working on for that niche!

Welcome! I'm in Chattanooga too, live on the North Shore and work downtown. Might see me commuting on one of my bikes...couple of New Belgium bikes, a fully polished mountain bike with green tires, a red 70s road bike, or a huffy cruiser I did in red primer with a back seat on a rack. Nothing too ratty yet, but I've got a 50's monark I'm working on for that niche!
Cool! I'll keep an eye out. I live in Hixson but I go to chatt state. They won't let frankenstein on the riverwalk,haven't tried the krate out there though. If I can ever get around to changing out the cassette I'll have to do that.

Nice. Yeah, the river walk is great. The bulk of my commute is the walnut st bridge, which is an awesome resource we've got here too! Stoked about the bike lanes getting added on Frazier and Broad st, starting to become a bike friendly community! Where do you ride frankenstein that is legal/dont get hassled about? Are there legal issues? I've considered building one like it but figured it wouldnt be of much use around here.

It's legal under 50cc on public streets.I ride it around in Hixson mostly,I would't recommend something like that downtown. If you end up building one PM me,I'd be happy to share the knowledge that I learned the hard way.

There's going to be a couple of us riding from the south broad trailhead (St. Elmo end of the riverwalk) to downtown for breakfast saturday morning if you want to come ride with us. We'll get there in enough time to unload bikes and be rolling at 8. It's just a little over 4 miles to downtown from that end.

And welcome to the forum!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back