Stuffing 3.0 tires in a fendered 55

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, fitting or trying to fit 26x3.0 tires on a 55 Schwinn HD with ND rear hub, Script front hub and S2's that I recently relaced. They will clear the chain stay/bottom bracket junction by about 3mm per side and I need a longer rear fender support to get the fender to no longer rub. Little cutting, tweaking, massaging, hammering and the rear will work fine(I think).
The front fender supports are fine, the fender where it's crimped to fit in the fork will have to be widened (hammer time I guess) and the struts will have to be reshaped a bit...same tweaking etc...

A thank you to Freeride Bike Co. since they let me spend some serious time fitting tires to see just how big we could go.

Here's a moc up...

That is sweet. We sell 27.5 plus bikes at work, which run the 3.0 mtb tires. We have them with full suspension, and rigid rear. They ride absolutely amazing. No matter what kind of rider you are, or where you ride, if you get the opportunity, jump on a full suspension plus bike & go for a pedal. Gaurenteed to put a smile on your face.

Thanks to you, I am going to bring in project frames to make my own prewar plus bike. Thanks for the inspiration. ...

oooOoo plus klunker..

Plus my manager Hates on the old bikes so much, it brings me joy to full the back shop with rusty relics. He says the carbon fiber bikes all make fun of my bikes at night, but we all know that they are jelous.
Cheers.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Chimera, glad you like it and are inspired... Now I just got to get it all to work!

A lot of time on it today. Lots of hammering, english wheel, fender brace mock ups....she's now rideable, just have to dial it all in.

Gotta flip all the fender bolts and get grinding I guess.... Not sure how else to attach these things

Latest posts

Back