Fresh from the farm

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this its in ok shape. Just curious if anyone would have ideas on what brand. No head badge and the only pic I have right now.
ec9ad2c6090fcec6b538cc9205a28549.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dropouts confirm it's an AMF made bike. The chain ring is AMF mid-late 50's. That frame style is one I haven't seen, and the fenders are AMF made also. The chain guard looks like a replacement. The rims look AMF also.

I like that frame, unique.

The dropouts confirm it's an AMF made bike. The chain ring is AMF mid-late 50's. That frame style is one I haven't seen, and the fenders are AMF made also. The chain guard looks like a replacement. The rims look AMF also.

I like that frame, unique.
I think you're dead on! I'm pretty sure mine also has an AMF sticker...
20160911_112218_1.jpg

The top one is a very early walmart purchased bike...
Im assuming as mutch because the backwards mounted fork and handle bar set up...
Its custom... but in this case i think turing the stem around and running the forks the stock way would improve the looks considerably

*Both awsome id put tubes and tires and call it a day... well that and flip top bikes fork around:)

Did you get the black bike too? You're right, it's made in January 1964. The rims are the Schwinn S-7, they take a different tire other than the standard 26" tire.

Last edited:
I looked all over for that AMF frame, because I never saw one of those, and found this Shelby AMF:
"Shelby AMF Flyer bicycle, American, 1950s, "AMF" transfer to frame, Super Deluxe Airflo, 19" frame, overall Good example for restoration."
702_l.jpg

Awsome information wildcat ur ability to id is impressive. Looks like the shelby wore its take through at least a few paint jobs.. look at the stenciling the layers left.
So cool.

What a score...

Rear Chainstays say AMF to me. [Who bought out CWC, a maker vindictive of those curved down rear ends. AMF bought out a failing CWC in 1953. Moved production to Little Rock, Arkansas and the rest is history ;) ]

Latest posts

Back