(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool set up u made, can i ask what you mean by collar bolts going into the tube then drilled out.

Thanks dude.. i enjoy watching your work.
''flanged nuts'' not bolts , my bad
flanged_nut.jpg

drilled to remove threads and have the correct ID

I gave up on stands... i always cut bend and bend more till made a pretzel... not once have i succeeded in setting one up that dose not take nose dive as soon as i turn my back :20:
same for me on most bikes , crossing fingers for this one, making it from scratch does allow me to make it come out as far as i want:)

Wheelie bar rebirth :D
no fancy springs this time :wink1:
found out the tube i hamered in the back of the frame was exactly 1/2''ID , so i got some nuts n bolts and got to work .
thats the nut on the bolt in the wood lathe using my grinder to round it off
DSCN6920_zpshhhlcdy1.jpg

one welded , one to go .. now i have a solid mount for the wheelie bar
DSCN6921_zps0clngvs7.jpg

Also worked on the Manly bars ''Sissy bar'':bigsmile:
picked up some seat stays in my pile that happen to fit pretty well togetter to make tapered poles , also got the 2 long bolts that fit perfectly in the frame.
DSCN6923_zpsqfle3s38.jpg

welded all 3 togetter and spun on the lathe to clean it up and Bam!!:cool2:
DSCN6925_zpsfpfotuki.jpg

ended the bike building fun by welding some nuts to the frame.
ill chop the top of the tube off and make a slice beween the nuts to make the manly bars clamps
DSCN6927_zpsibnpcwxp.jpg

while i was in picture mode .. here is how much clearance there is between the crank and frame on both sides :) cant see well but the sprocket is also way close to the tire , tight fit!:whew:

DSCN6928_zpsiueuhv6w.jpg

and the space i have between the frame and coaster brake arm because the hub offset and axle spacing
DSCN6929_zpsntlatabl.jpg

^^so that and making the wheelie bars is what's on my plate next

Last edited:
Wholey cow... on that single chucked wood lathe !!!
Thats gnarley.. i totally would do it.. salute!
Thanks! haha
it does not spin that fast , iam getting pretty good at centering/''concentric''/balancing long pieces in the chuck , my point is rusted shut and the rails are crooked so i do without , still a verry usefull tool.
with files/sandpaper/grinder its my getho metal lathe :giggle::crazy:

Last edited:
Find yourself a trashed drill press with a fat chuck... buy a few sizes of silica bronze bushings... with your messuring skills to recenter it for any length needed... some times its nice to be able put a bit more force into a piece.
That thing i had built was to cut brass keys for an artist built harp. I just cut 2 profile guides out of some flat plate and tacked them to that vise... was really fast and cheap way to achive acceptable tolleranced repeatable part.

Find yourself a trashed drill press with a fat chuck... buy a few sizes of silica bronze bushings... with your messuring skills to recenter it for any length needed... some times its nice to be able put a bit more force into a piece.
That thing i had built was to cut brass keys for an artist built harp. I just cut 2 profile guides out of some flat plate and tacked them to that vise... was really fast and cheap way to achive acceptable tolleranced repeatable part.
bah.. does the job untill i get my hands on a cheap mini metal lathe . one day! one day!

did a collor test on a spoke :nerd: still not sure if i do it in green or in orange , but i had left over green so..
15475ebf-c2dc-45b0-9f9b-8e23ffdafd0b_zpsqs57hw30.jpg

my lovely 'shrink wire tube' over spokes technique ,
yellow shrink tube with some translucide green shading ,

i messed it up a bit , and the zoom does not help me , but it looks pretty good

did a collor test on a spoke :nerd: still not sure if i do it in green or in orange , but i had left over green so..
15475ebf-c2dc-45b0-9f9b-8e23ffdafd0b_zpsqs57hw30.jpg

my lovely 'shrink wire tube' over spokes technique ,
yellow shrink tube with some translucide green shading ,

i messed it up a bit , and the zoom does not help me , but it looks pretty good
:thumbsup: Was thinking that shrink tube idea of yours would be awesome on a Muscle Bike!

Luke.

changed the title AGAIN!
being a wheelie machine with flashy neon hipster collor and loving hiphop , i think this is a appropriate name:)

⚜ ℋi℘-ℋo℘℘ℯr ⚜

Good progress today ,
-Welded, cleaned, prep and primed the handle bars 36''wide :giggle:
-fabricated and welded the coaster brake attatchement
-prep and primed the dropouts
DSCN6944_zpsgtzzziyh.jpg
DSCN6951_zps06py80ls.jpg
DSCN6950_zpsoyjd1wfq.jpg

i use a slightly modified brake cable screw , it has a flat part that prevent spin in the groove and also has a clean look to it :nerd:
DSCN6949_zpsdz2yggij.jpg

Looking awesome, those bars are beyond cool!
changed the title AGAIN!
being a wheelie machine with flashy neon hipster collor and loving hiphop , i think this is a appropriate name:)

⚜ ℋi℘-ℋo℘℘ℯr ⚜
Love the new name, suits it well!
Just letting you know the font is hard to read though, specially on a mobile device... ;)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back