Rover Identification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my friends recently purchased a $10 Rover cruiser style bike for me from some Amish people. I've found information on Rover bikes from the late 1800's, but can't find anything on this style. I don't even know if it is the same company, or just some random relatively unknown brand by the same name. I can't find any other markings on it, other than a serial number. It has New Departure brakes, and the seat is covered with a textured cloth (appears original). The wheels are white with a black pinstripe. The bike was originally red under the black re-paint. I've never seen a rear frame/dropouts like the ones on this bike. I'm considering motorizing it, built in a vintage motorcycle style.
Thanks for any insight/info into this bike.

Thats a Colson bro, just a Rover headbadge. He got that for 10$? Dang thats a steal. I'd give you 100$ for it and you could make 10x your money back. I'd carefully remove the black paint and get it back to its original glory.

Wow good find, Colson loop tails are sweet rides :cool2:

Thanks for the info! Now that I know what it is, I'm finding alot more information and photos when I google. I found one photo of the Ladies version of the Colson Rover, but none of the Mens bike. I'll try and track down the year. I'm guessing late 40's or 50's.

Fear not. I don't think I'm going to motorize it. This is exactly the reason I posted on this site to get some info on the bike. I didn't want to motorize something that was a desirable bike. Now I've got 2 bikes that I won't motorize! My other is a 1952 Spiegel Airman, that my Dad received as a Christmas gift back in 52. It's a really nice original bike, and I plan to always keep it that way. Thanks to all for the info and advice on the Colson Rover! I really appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts

Back