Old Murray middleweight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50be9e93676f325844817d089b9e36b1.jpg

Seller texted me this pic and I went and got last night. Gave 15 bucks for the old Murray, 2 kiddy bikes and the scrap mtn bike. Gonna do a quick chrome polish to the Murray and flip it for a few bucks. Think it was an ok deal.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

50be9e93676f325844817d089b9e36b1.jpg

Seller texted me this pic and I went and got last night. Gave 15 bucks for the old Murray, 2 kiddy bikes and the scrap mtn bike. Gonna do a quick chrome polish to the Murray and flip it for a few bucks. Think it was an ok deal.

Don't Flip it! I am sure someone would want it. Just Sell it to someone ;-)

I would save it till spring and sale it then. Other then kids bikes I don't have much luck selling adult bikes when it's cold out and when I do they try getting it for nothing.

I think the mens frame is killing it. Most all adult bikes I sell the wives want. Very rare for a man to buy one frm me.

Down here (S.C.). you cant find older mens bikes.All are womens.Occasionally you might find an old Murray Monterey or something.Nothing special. I havent bought a mens cruiser in 2 years or more.

Down here (S.C.). you cant find older mens bikes.All are womens.Occasionally you might find an old Murray Monterey or something.Nothing special. I havent bought a mens cruiser in 2 years or more.

So all of the good bikes are gone down south? Man I am lucky that I still find them!!!

You have an American made classic bike, probably 1972 or so, original, and you can't get 30 bucks for it? It even has the original reflectors! Most of those were 3 speeds or more. Yours being a one speed may be why it's still riding. The shimano 3 speeds didn't hold up that well back then. I'd advertise it again and see what happens.

I finally got 20 bucks for it. Took a month. A lady came to the house to buy a cheap mtn bike for her teen kid and decided to take the Murray instead. I have never had a cruiser that generated NO interest when selling like that thing did.

A month is pretty typical for sale of a bike. That's what I've found at least in Arizona. At $30, that would have gotten snatched up pretty quick here, but I would never fool myself into believing that. You just never know. I always just leave ads up for months at a time and forget about it. That just means I get to enjoy them in the meantime. Sweet bike though! I would have been all over that had it been local.

Latest posts

Back