Dyno Bike pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 04/99 Duece. Under construction but first got it as a pile of parts.

You cannot tell but has a black widow theme and am very excited to see where this goes!

Attachments

• 20160926_090600.jpg
    20160926_090600.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 368
Does anyone know the last date's of actually D stamped dyno were produced by GT before they were Pacific? Have my 04/99 Duece and just got what looks like a 01/02 Duece thats stamped as a Dyno. Frames are different....?

Not sure about the date details wrt stampings.
I've seen a June 2000 stamped "D" (Dyno) and an April 2001 stamped "KK" (Kustom Kruiser). Not sure about frame differences. I have seen seat differences - (web springs on the earlier models).
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/gt-bicycles-history/
In September 2001 (9/10/2001), the Schwinn Company, its assets, and the rights to the brand, together with that of the GT Bicycle, was purchased at a bankruptcy auction by Pacific Cycle, a company previously known for ....
In 2004, Pacific Cycle was in turn acquired by Dorel Industries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwinn_Bicycle_Company
It (Schwinn/GT Corp.) entered Chapter 11 again last July (2001).
http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2001/09/10/daily15.html

Last edited:
Does anyone know the last date's of actually D stamped dyno were produced by GT before they were Pacific? Have my 04/99 Duece and just got what looks like a 01/02 Duece thats stamped as a Dyno. Frames are different....?
the d stamp ran from 95-04. the KK stamp was 04-06. YRC started the serial numbers for the first 3 years of Dyno. believe the next batch of serial numbers started with W in 98. after that no one really knows.

the d stamp ran from 95-04. the KK stamp was 04-06. YRC started the serial numbers for the first 3 years of Dyno. believe the next batch of serial numbers started with W in 98. after that no one really knows.
Sweet! thank you. I noticed alot of discrepancies in the two frames but both had a D....this helps, thx.

Matter of fact S.P., I was down in OC when I dug them up. Cali N8V.

Some of the frame differences that I have noticed are 1) Kickstand - I prefer the integrated K/S that I've only seen on post-1999 models; 2) Side 'flappers' supporting the frame for moto forks; other frame differences might be due to 3) Ladies models; 4) Derailer models; 5) Stretch models; 6) 24" wheeled models (both 24 x 2.125).

I believe in 2007 that Aliminum GT Kustom Kruiser Glides (&c.) were introduced; it was mostly a different design, (perhaps with some common accessories and parts).

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?year=2007&brand=GT&model=Kustom+Kruiser+Glide

A serial number from 2001 might be like "SNMT1mm 000 123"(?).

Last edited:
I see a Dyno Glide in this heap for sale on Hawaii CL. If it's still there when I show up next month I'll try to get it.

01717_4hQZGwRCyVw_1200x900.jpg

6my latest dyno. first gen 1997 roadster. it had no seat, or grips. the wheels were rusted out. swapped out the wheels and cranks. put a seat on a some billet grips. i ride it to work every day now. got a nexus 7 speed thats going on it next.
z2.jpg

Hello
I'm looking for a chain protector
Of the DYNO ROADSTER or DYNO COASTER
Can someone tell me where I can buy?
Thank you for your attention

Hello
I'm looking for a chain protector
Of the DYNO ROADSTER or DYNO COASTER
Can someone tell me where I can buy?
Thank you for your attention

Good luck, they are hard to find even on EBay. If you find them they are pricey. Put a Schwinn Del Mar chain guard on my old Dyno Glide. Looks decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an as-new Dyno Deuce, not ridden at all. Anyone know what this might be Worth? I was planning on customizing it, but might keep it stock if its rare.

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Just got an as-new Dyno Deuce, not ridden at all. Anyone know what this might be Worth? I was planning on customizing it, but might keep it stock if its rare.

with out seeing it i'm going to guess it is the black deuce(most common). i see the newer ones with the 24x3 rear wheel sell for a little more then the 26 inch model. were i live, they sell between $125-250. the ones asking for more never sell. if your planing on selling it then i would leave it stock. but if you plan on riding and enjoying it, then bolt on custom parts are the way to go. if your bike is og down to the grips, swapping part is good to do. you get the custom look while not putting any more wear on your hard to replace stock parts like seat, tires, grips and pedals. that way you can go back to stock and sell it later and use those custom parts on the next bike.

with out seeing it i'm going to guess it is the black deuce(most common). i see the newer ones with the 24x3 rear wheel sell for a little more then the 26 inch model. were i live, they sell between $125-250. the ones asking for more never sell. if your planing on selling it then i would leave it stock. but if you plan on riding and enjoying it, then bolt on custom parts are the way to go. if your bike is og down to the grips, swapping part is good to do. you get the custom look while not putting any more wear on your hard to replace stock parts like seat, tires, grips and pedals. that way you can go back to stock and sell it later and use those custom parts on the next bike.

Agree. The red ones are a little rarer and top out at about $ 300 or so if in really good condition. Had one and recently sold for this amount. Definitely swap out the seat if you plan to use it. The Dyno logo on the seat definitely adds value and you want it on the bike if you plan on selling it down the road. The original seats on these bikes are a little delicate so swapping out makes a lot of sense.

Ride and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, some great advice there. Thanks alot, both of you. Looks like Ive got work to do now[emoji4] I'm thinking maybe metallic red, White and Chrome

a3adb035879c9cabb227a5a955b1f8cd.jpg
7690bd31c2ab1d0f5a0fd6ebae7aa642.jpg
1fe7b23c8bff21cf39f6ec6e571143a6.jpg
c48bcc55c4b025bfe320df73c0ca2f6a.jpg
3fbda8ce6e4c1713fe788d1a94dda02b.jpg
827a7a9faf1c9a88ff93e30b8e45beb1.jpg
46369ae467c7d0bd07d25cd9b1199780.jpg

Ok so I know it's not an official Dyno. My apologies to the purists out there. I couldn't find a Kustom Kruiser gallery, and since some are in this thread, I thought I would show you my wife's bike. This was when I first got it in 2016. I have since added a Nexus 3 speed to make it a little easier for my wife to ride. Personally I think this bike is really cool, and the quality seems to be good, despite some of the comments I have read about Kustom Kruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back