Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carl, could you flip a set up apes around backwards like a set of aircraft handles? Hope that makes sense....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr T, already suggested that type of handlebar set up....too " recumbant" for our guitar shredding rat from Illinois. :21:

I was wondering how long this bike is.
I just measured my frame today, it's 6' 2.25". I think with the fork and wheels on it'll be around 7' 10".
Well, in a pic a couple posts back, you see it spanning beyond the width of the garage door...which have to be, what 7' at least?

I was wondering how long this bike is.
I just measured my frame today, it's 6' 2.25". I think with the fork and wheels on it'll be around 7' 10".
My guess, close to 10'. Am I close?
I'd say more than 9' for sure...
Haha! I had to go measure it....
It's about 6'11" axle to axle or
approximately 9'1" with the bent fork, tire to tire.
:eek:
A cool suicide knob is definitely on my radar...
I've seen some cool ones.
I'm leaning towards a nice vintage one.

Guitarl.

Virtual update...
Harlequin T6.jpg

Guitarl.

Yeah I learned stick in HS but that was almost 40 yrs ago...The little Harbor Freight wire feeder I have isn't known for being that great of a welder anyway. But it was cheap! I think there are some mods I can do to it to improve performance, guess I should get on that too. The .035 wire seems to burn in better, but I just can't figure how five thousandths is that much of a difference. So I've been welding all over on this frame except on the cut I made at the top of the seat stays. I want that weld to be perfect.

Guitarl.

I think we use the same little welder Carl. When I was welding up the UNVEGA for the MBBO5, I had grabbed a roll of .035 wire too. It seemed to roll through the tip just fine. AND..I actually liked working with the .35 wire better than the .30
This, despite all I read about this little welder..."you can't run .035 wire through it" . " It isn't possible"..."Not enough power". I found all of that to be totally untrue..so, I just stopped reading about it..now , I just pull it out of the box when I need to tack something...takes about 5 minutes, " I don't see any need to step up, and I'm certainly not going to waste any time trying to 'mod' it..that all gets too geeky for me man.
I'm so used to it now..."Let the wind blow all it wants...I'm welding away...lol
Bike is looking good buddy.
:thumbsup:
franco

Nice job Carl! Certainly thinking outside the box! Was the suicide knob also known as the "necker" knob for holding on to your lady and driving with one hand? I think necker was a reference to making out.

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of identical heavyweight rear fenders and they came in.
Nice and raggedy but no braces...
s-l1600.jpg

So now I'm waiting for braces...
After I get the splice made so the fenders wrap around,
I think I'll paint them to match the virtual mockup.
I also won the bid on a Dodge steering wheel...
s-l1600 (8).jpg

2 black and silver chains are on the way too!

Guitarl.

Last edited:
Looks like your getting all the parts for it. Slowly but surely it looks like its all coming together.

Looks like your getting all the parts for it. Slowly but surely it looks like its all coming together.
Still looking for an extended spring crown for the fork. But yeah things are going smoother than usual...

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Are you thinking about making a steering column, with u joints?
No but I am looking at pitman arm and linkage.... I may play with a cable pulley system. Initial fitments looks like I may be able to line the steering column up in the old front seat post position.

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Only 1/2 of my chain showed up today. But the good people I ordered it from were awesome and a quick call confirmed the error. So they're shipping me the 2nd chain today. My steering wheel showed up too!
So I had to do a mockup. :nerd:
KIMG0408.JPG

I just stuck it on a piece of bar I had, but it's pretty close to the hight it should be. It feels like the pressure switch in the middle will work too... Beep! Beep!

Guitarl.

Latest posts

Back