• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Esso Amf renegade tiger bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Esso amf renegade tiger bike for sale, from what i can find it was made in 1965 for esso gas stations. And only available at the esso gas stations. Any info would also be greatly appreciated. As far as a price im really not sure yet i found one for sale in texas for 1200.00 but was in better condition. Im located in rocky mount va 25151 zip. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170227_144719.jpg
    20170227_144719.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Any info would also be greatly appreciated. As far as a price im really not sure yet i found one for sale in texas for 1200.00 but was in better condition. Im located in rocky mount va 25151 zip. Thanks
I've never seen anyone ask $1200 for an AMF Renegade. If someone did, they were delusional, and still have the bike. I hate to break it to you, but you have maybe $100 worth of bike there to the right buyer. It's not complete, and it's not in great shape. We often pick up much better deals around the country for more complete bikes in better shape for less than $100. But since you brought it here, you may find someone who needs it and will pay that.

I hope that helps.

I've never seen anyone ask $1200 for an AMF Renegade. If someone did, they were delusional, and still have the bike. I hate to break it to you, but you have maybe $100 worth of bike there to the right buyer. It's not complete, and it's not in great shape. We often pick up much better deals around the country for more complete bikes in better shape for less than $100. But since you brought it here, you may find someone who needs it and will pay that.

I hope that helps.
I defintly am not looking for 1200.00 for this bike lol. Just trying to gather some info to decide how much it might be worth.i do know they seem to be a rare hard to find bike. It may be missing a few things but what is there is pretty good shape especially the seat.

Attachments

• 20170227_144734.jpg
    20170227_144734.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 261
Here's a couple of examples:

Here's a recent bike, similar to yours, almost in perfect condition. He got about $290 for it after shipping. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/amf-hiawatha-gambles-muscle-bike.102292/

I bought a bike a lot like yours a couple years ago. I paid $125 for it. This isn't it, but Almost identical, and in identically good shape.

s-l1600.jpg

Steve (RatRod), the owner of the site, got this AMF Renegade. @Rat Rod would have to tell you how much he sold it for. (I'm pretty sure he sold it).
amf0013.jpg~original

Last edited:
I don't mean to stomp on any aspirations you have for the bike. I know you are new, so you don't know that I'm a muscle bike restorer. I have to weigh how much a bike costs to get into, then how much I have to put into it, then how much I can hope to get out of it at the end. In perfect survivor condition, your bike could bring $300-$400. But your paint is shot, looking at the heavy rust on the tops of the bars, you don't have the correct bars grips, you don't have the correct rear tire (That's a 1.75 and it should have a 2.125), you're missing the guard, and your pedals are shot. That's going to be roughly $200 in parts, plus another $60 in paint if I shot it myself. Plus decals if I could find them. On top of that, since it's not an original survivor after I'd get done with it, it loses value. So... the juice isn't worth the squeeze for a restorer such as myself.

However, there are plenty of guys on here that love to build rats, or just bring coolness back to life. But they'd have to get in pretty low to do that.

If that bike were mine, I'd honestly put it up for $125 shipped. I'd use BikeFlights to ship it, which would cost about $50, which would give me $75... right at the top of what I would consider it's value.

I hope that helps. I'm only writing this all out to educate you, and whoever else cares to read it.

Here is some info on muscle bike values. It is in no way The Answer just my thoughts on value. In general the 20 x 16 -5 speed muscle bikes bring the most money. Then 20 x 20 5 speed bikes. Then 24 x 20 bikes and last 24 inch bikes. 5 speeds are at the top then 3 speed and coaster bikes. There are exceptions all over the place. One is a Western Flyer wheelie bike. A coaster bike that will bring over 1000 dollars complete. The Murray Kat bikes bring more money then a regular coaster bike. A early muscle bike in the 63 - 65 years can also be a little more value then a later model bike. You are looking for bikes in the 63 to 73 years for the most money. These bikes are basically like cars where some models are worth more. Like a 68 Camaro 6 cylinder or a 68 Z28. Some bikes can be built into more valued bikes but some serial numbers tell exactly what the bike was new. Hope this helps some. It is just a general idea of values.

If you contact me, I'd be interested in buying it, for the right price.

Latest posts

Back