Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally not a fan of newer Huffy but is it me or are they bringing their game up? Perusing thru CL as I always do in the evening and saw this bike. Actually has some decent lines. Don't know how well it is made but it does not look like the cruisers they crank out these days. Not interested in buying. Just wondering if they are trying to step up their game.
IMG_1148.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally not a fan of newer Huffy but is it me or are they bringing their game up? Perusing thru CL as I always do in the evening and saw this bike. Actually has some decent lines. Don't know how well it is made but it does not look like the cruisers they crank out these days. Not interested in buying. Just wondering if they are trying to step up their game.
View attachment 48894

Huffy and Schwinn have been putting out a lot of models that you would never see in a Walmart. Granted, they are still made with cheap steel and components. If you take a stroll through Dicks sporting goods, you'll likely see a few of the more expensive Huffys. I think with online ordering through Walmart, you start seeing stuff other than a cranbrook or those horrible Next PX full suspensions.

On the other hand, Hyper has been building some interesting bikes that try to rival in the custom cruiser market. The other manufacturers seem to be in tow.

I used to work for a company that built walmarts bicycle stock, so I have an abnormal amount of knowledge on the "disposable bicycle" market. I eventually left that job, because it was genuinely infuriating to see just how many bikes are manufactured each year that ultimately get thrown away in a short amount of time.

People go to Walmart to buy toys, not bikes.

Untitled 1.jpg

Guy has bike on cl for over a year, does not sell so he raises price $5. What's up with that? Interest on his money? :dance2::banana::dance2:

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/bik/6057890315.html
00S0S_1Z3c384BwhD_600x450.jpg

In past years I have posted this guy's ad on this thread. He started out at $325 on CL at least 14 years ago, as it was on CL when I first moved here that long ago. It has been "reduced" to $275 :rofl: I really respect the time and commitment it takes to update an ad to keep it rolling for 14+ years. My friend tells me the ad was up for quite a while before I moved here, so... Anyways, the same pics as always, so the bike probably doesn't look the same anymore after that long. Just wanted to let everyone know that he is still trying. Is there a world record for longest CL ad in constant rotation? I have never checked the bikes section and not seen it listed.

It must be a typo. It has one too many zeroes! [emoji4]

That rustbucket? May have 2 too many zeros.

Last edited:
Check out this old Schwinn Trike I found on SA Craigslist. Caught my interest by way of the cool trike in the just completed BO. ONLY 75 bucks!
IMG_1167.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG

Latest posts

Back