Anybody else can't wait for the BO12 ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't even have a plan!
But I can't wait. It's like a ghost town around here. 17 members sifting thru the threads and 182 guests??? plus a few bots. Nothin' new jumpin' out at me though. So I've been digging thru the archives, lookin' at stretches and classic rats. Lotta guys been thru here with major skills. Since I still haven't gotten moved crosstown to my new garage and the home I grew up in, I haven't got the equipment that I want to be able to scratch up my first frame. So I'll probably be modifying an existing one. I'm still looking for a classic 40's frame, but I could cut up another tandem. My youngest really likes cruisin' Harlequin T, so at some point I'm gonna have to build another prestretched to have something to cruise too. 3 weeks to geek and I'm chompin' at the bit...weather is perfect too...

Carl.

I wasn't planning to enter, but I've got a new TRM Christy Saddle that I could use as a starting point to build a bike around. :39:

index.php

I won't be doing a big build this year since I'll be on vacation in Asia in May. Once I get back, I'll have to judge what kind of time I will have available and figure out a bike to build out. I doubt it will be competitive, but I'll definitely build something to join in the fun.

I want to build or mod a frame this year. Got a small wire welder from tractor supply that I have been fooling around with. Built a new hay cart out of a couple old girls Huffys.

DSCF6856.JPG

It's amazing with .030 wire at 30 A and using a auto darkening helmet it's almost like soldering thin steel together!

I want to build or mod a frame this year. Got a small wire welder from tractor supply that I have been fooling around with. Built a new hay cart out of a couple old girls Huffys.

View attachment 49050

It's amazing with .030 wire at 30 A and using a auto darkening helmet it's almost like soldering thin steel together!

That's pretty cool!

Got this from Dizzle Problems recently. Could become a gender bent BOXII entry.
View attachment 49052
I currently building up one of these frames for my daughter who rescued this frame from my scrap. I had it hanging on my camp garage wall and was ready to toss it but she saved it - "daddy please make me a red bike with this frame". I'm waiting for warm weather to paint it red.
DSCN0006.JPG

I'm thinking of a gravel grinder bike made from an old rigid chromo mountain bike frame and fork I have but I don't want to spend much. I want to use 27 inch wheels I already have but my front one is bent. I could mix wheel sizes but that is not what I really want to do. I threw away all my 27 inch wheels and now I wish I had saved some. I threw away all my cranks and the only one I have remaining has Biopace chainrings. It could be another maggot Frankenbike as I have all the parts in my junk. I know I could make it and not buy anything but it would be a sad sight. I am not sure right now.

I already have a parts box and two choices of frames ready... How long do I have to wait...?

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

May 1st

I currently building up one of these frames for my daughter who rescued this frame from my scrap. I had it hanging on my camp garage wall and was ready to toss it but she saved it - "daddy please make me a red bike with this frame". I'm waiting for warm weather to paint it red.
View attachment 49060
Mine has been welded in two places, and the seat tube is bent, so I don't have a problem chopping it. I think I will trace the frame out on paper so I can figure out where to cut it and how much to add. Is that considered working on it?

View attachment 49060
Smart girl! Those CWC frames are so cool.:cool2:

Mine has been welded in two places, and the seat tube is bent, so I don't have a problem chopping it. I think I will trace the frame out on paper so I can figure out where to cut it and how much to add. Is that considered working on it?
I'm pretty sure tearing down and paperwork are both legal as you are not "BUILDING" a bike in either step. But there is to be no reassembly or building before the Build-Off starts. That's why I've taken to doing "virtual" mockups before I build anything.
I wasn't planning to enter, but I've got a new TRM Christy Saddle that I could use as a starting point to build a bike around. :39:

index.php
Seat has to have an awesome platform to sell it!
I won't be doing a big build this year since I'll be on vacation in Asia in May. Once I get back, I'll have to judge what kind of time I will have available and figure out a bike to build out. I doubt it will be competitive, but I'll definitely build something to join in the fun.
Lotta bike culture in Asia. Send back some pics and ideas... (I've often thought about doing a rickshaw/taxi)

Carl.

Mine was welded too but such a bad job I cut it out and welded in another chain stay brace. I don't see a problem cutting up these old CWC frames, they are 90% of the old bikes I find as a lot of department stores sold them. I find them most commonly with Ward's badges. It should make a neat starting point and I can't wait to see where your mind takes it. I find a lot of old Rollfast/Snyder bikes too.

I already have a parts box and two choices of frames ready... How long do I have to wait...?
e392ea9d0c7f6e6407e099242b878d04.jpg
74cef7c96f614c97a7454629a4cf771e.jpg
846ca9391109fc08617ad59122f7e982.jpg
f3aa3fd1f286238778f8b3013ff14756.jpg
ef93a8b39e88021fd3280a09d5a616f2.jpg

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk
What are you going to make out of all this? I like the parts/frames I see. Are you going for a road bike, urban commuter or gravel bike? You also have what looks like a Gigant front drum brake and a Sachs internal geared hub with a drum brake. You could also make a Klunker. What's up? We might be making similar bikes as I have many of the parts you do (even a white frame) but I'm not sure where to go with it all. My Gigant front drum brake is currently on a 1940 Schwinn so I won't be using that but I have a Sach's torpedo 3 speed with a drum brake. I also have an old Arai rear drum hub. I might get inspired from you ideas. I could eliminate what you are doing and try something different. Currently I am leaning toward a Hybrid Klunker or a gravel bike.

Latest posts

Back