Rockafella - 1953 Ruff Firestone Super Cruiser - Completed Ride Video +MajorAward+RollingStoneCover

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAH B!! LET'S DO IT. GREAT START. YOU CATS GET ALL THE GREAT BIKES. I KNOW IT'S GONNA BE SWEEEET. CRANK UP THAT JOHNNY GUITAR WATSON " A REAL MOTHER FOR YA" AND GTB! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It's gonna be stunning !

I was kind if hoping you could use the springer off the Firestone also. Maybe with a different T. It has the right colors going for it too.

I sold that springer already.
My thoughts are doing a faux Monark springer with the Girvin.

So your Girvin will be 're-sprung' ! I like that idea. Shoes? Full on fatty or kind of a low-profile spread look? And then we will need at least 3 weeks left for Imelda Bar-cos to vacillate over the handlebar options....:21:

So your Girvin will be 're-sprung' ! I like that idea. Shoes? Full on fatty or kind of a low-profile spread look? And then we will need at least 3 weeks left for Imelda Bar-cos to vacillate over the handlebar options....:21:

I wouldn't be changing the mechanics of the Girvin at all. Just incorporating the front part of a classic Monark springer onto the front of the fork. Sort of how I did my beehive Girvin on starsNbars.

14308_deaf75967f9dd53cde263c89af2f1729.jpg

Killer setup on that springer! I've seen that bike before but never noticed it had a Girvin fork until you pointed it out.

Mission accomplished. :)

Cool plans, if that creme crustiness doesn't clean up, you might think about some faux patina applied to the shinier bits to pull it all together. Rust colored chalk may help get the blended look. I've used it modeling a lot. Flat or satin spray will fix it in place. The beauty of chalk is that you can wash it off if you overdo it. (before the clear coat)

Carl.

I forgot that I also have these sweet grips from @Dr. Tankenstein that match the fenders pretty well.

34835_d5a7550717c7c63bf1b16dec85c518b6.jpg

Starting a month behind shouldnt be too bad, I feel I havent made any progress this month... and wont make much in this upcoming month either... will be watching!

keep the rubber side down!

Well, this build has potential, I'll give you that. New frame and vintage parts are a staple of mine. We'll see where this goes.

Ever since I got this frame, I've been wanting to build it with old parts. I've mocked up a few different tanks with it over the past couple of years. But I like the plans I have with the Firestone Super Cruiser parts the best.

13919965_312474992427125_2436646844790011795_o.jpg
WP_20150816_15_54_43_Pro.jpg

I'm liking the jet flow / x53 tank it's got stile & fits the frame very well . The 3G is beef ! would like to see it with 26" or 29" wheel also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That first tank looks super sweet. Love the chopper mock up with the triple duck!

I'm liking the jet flow / x53 tank it's got stile & fits the frame very well . The 3G is beff I would like to see it with 26" or 29" wheel also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the X-53 tank fit the frame very well, but I have the rest of an X-53 that it's saved for.
The triple ducks went on SaltHammer last year.
I no longer have the 3G fork, I had my fun with it and passed it on.

Latest posts

Back