'SIMPATICO'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funk you've got some great parts / ideas going! I recently saw a fork like that on a bike for sale on our local Craigslist. Might be worth it just for the fork....
RaT oN!
If the bike was below 100. Grab it even 150. If it just for the fork. Have you a pic of the bike? As it might even be a keeper.Could be a aquillotto or some other early european. I find these come off a lot of italian and french. Cyclomotores.

If the bike was below 100. Grab it even 150. If it just for the fork. Have you a pic of the bike? As it might even be a keeper.Could be a aquillotto or some other early european. I find these come off a lot of italian and french. Cyclomotores.
Since I made that comment, I've been looking and now I can't find it. We have a fairly strong community of old vintage bike fans around here. Somebody prob snatched it up quick! I might see it pop up at one of our two swaps happening this weekend and a couple weekends out...

Haha! I just found it. In the For Sale forum here. Girls bike, ad is for a Monark. Is this the same fork?
51127_0f23457b537ed673af6c23ac016a8c22.jpg

Been very busy with work,May is my work piled on high mth. I start at 8 and end at 8. So not much time for Simpatico when I have deadlines.
But I did say I would start in June no matter what...
I have decided on going with 26" wheels,but might do a frame swap. Will do some mock ups and go with what frame suits the best...
So far I have stripped it down to the frame.
Sunday will be my play date.
18767135_10154850070209811_1268975562_o.jpg

One of my favorites
ALL TIME FAVORITE!! SAW THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 1975. BOOTSY AND MAZE OPENED FOR THEM. I SHOOK GEORGE CLINTONS HAND TWO SHOWS LATER IN 93. DON'T FAKE THE FUNK OR YA NOSE WILL GROW.
SWEEEET BIKE. I WISH I HAD ONE LIKE THE ORIGINAL. I'M WATCHING SO...GTB! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Well, it's June!
Time for us all to catch up and have some fun!

Well, it's June!
Time for us all to catch up and have some fun!
Yes it is,please don't remind me.:crazy:
Still busy. But this is the last week,and then I will be spending days at home to build and catch up.
I have 3 major sections to do.
1 The fork need remake the stem.
2 The rear drop outs if I stay with this frame(extended) other frame (rebuild)
3 The middle bar + tank
I need to do a mock up to test the distant of tank and seat on both frames.
The rest is all small stuff. I hope.
Just ordered new tires 3.00 wide whitewall. I wonder how they will go in V rims?
(if they dont look good then I will have to relace new/old wider rims on)

last few days I have had some time off. After sleeping 2-3 days to get over my exhaustion,I have started tinkering.
First I decided to use v-rims for a more modern approach.
I found a old rear one of a mtb and proceeded to try and get the gear hub off.
Heat,nope
Lever,nope
Lots of screaming,cussing and wacking,nope
wd-40 and heat,nope.
So out came the angle grinder and started to grind straight into that haub.
Eventually it came off with a few marks to the thread,but still able to screw on a disk brake adapter.Need to cut the axle down a bit,will do that before spraying it.
19495620_10154930696289811_835438853_o.jpg
Next to decide on what disk design to use eanie, meanie.
19549399_10154930696274811_1905298960_o.jpg
Decided on the center as it is more simple.
And of course the center hole does not fit over the hub thread.
19489544_10154930695619811_317057302_n.jpg
So rasped them down a little and... Wella!!!
19489694_10154930695459811_884329612_n.jpg

My tires arrived,dont they look like pretty maids in a row...A set of 24" and a set of 26". Was not sure what size I was going with,so just to be safe , buy both.
19551775_10154930697654811_1548602351_o.jpg

Tires on the rims just to see how they look.
19490359_10154930694719811_952771468_o.jpg

Next is to paint the front rim black. I do like the silver rims,sort of gives a classic look. But the spokes are not so shiny... Will leave that look for the 24" set...

I'm not sure how much I will get done,as my cousin arrives from OZ on the 4th for a mth,we will be doing a lot of island hopping.
And still have 3 more jobs to finish.
Just seems I dont have any time any more for my beloved building.

last few days I have had some time off. After sleeping 2-3 days to get over my exhaustion,I have started tinkering.
First I decided to use v-rims for a more modern approach.
I found a old rear one of a mtb and proceeded to try and get the gear hub off.
Heat,nope
Lever,nope
Lots of screaming,cussing and wacking,nope
wd-40 and heat,nope.
So out came the angle grinder and started to grind straight into that haub.
Eventually it came off with a few marks to the thread,but still able to screw on a disk brake adapter.Need to cut the axle down a bit,will do that before spraying it.View attachment 54533 Next to decide on what disk design to use eanie, meanie.View attachment 54534 Decided on the center as it is more simple.
And of course the center hole does not fit over the hub thread.View attachment 54535 So rasped them down a little and... Wella!!!View attachment 54536
My tires arrived,dont they look like pretty maids in a row...A set of 24" and a set of 26". Was not sure what size I was going with,so just to be safe , buy both.View attachment 54537
Tires on the rims just to see how they look.View attachment 54539
Next is to paint the front rim black. I do like the silver rims,sort of gives a classic look. But the spokes are not so shiny... Will leave that look for the 24" set...

I'm not sure how much I will get done,as my cousin arrives from OZ on the 4th for a mth,we will be doing a lot of island hopping.
And still have 3 more jobs to finish.
Just seems I dont have any time any more for my beloved building.
Same boat different river, but isn't working all the time so much fun.:headbang:

Same boat different river, but isn't working all the time so much fun.:headbang:
Not when you work 12hrs and then get stiffed for it...

Latest posts

Back