Bicycle Graveyard in China

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo of the Week: A Dizzying View of a Bicycle Graveyard in China | WIRED
https://www.wired.com/story/photo-of-the-week-a-dizzying-view-of-a-bicycle-graveyard-in-china
19ba4a43eb849449ae3f6cd4dca183eb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I believe it! One of the bikes used for years and years is still produced, and is said to be the most produced vehicle, (not just bike, all machines) in all of history. The Flying Pigeon, over 500 million made.

3418385158_707d82ecc8_z.jpg

Give people free bikes to ride and leave them where ever they want. Sounds like a great plan only apparently not so. Probably killed the bike shop business completely as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Give people free bikes to ride and leave them where ever they want. Sounds like a great plan only apparently not so. Probably killed the bike shop business completely as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A small price to pay for the better of the planet I'd say ..

That's crazy! I too experienced it first hand when I worked in Beijing. Tons of people commute to work or get around the city by bicycles, but when some of them breaks down they just leave them on the sidewalk and just get a new one (as low as US$35). They didn't have a bike sharing program at that time though, which is a pity because Beijing is perfect for cycling. The city is flat and there are huge bike lanes and motorists rarely violate them.

Those handlebars on the bike on the right at 0:53! :)

Latest posts

Back