Photobucket is imploding....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Debates over. Deleted all my pics and then deleted my account. Not sure what the future of PB is. I took my pics while I still could.
Why did they do this? That's easy. Let's say one hundred million accounts (low estimate), now let's say 99% of the accounts close. That leaves 1% left paying $399....That's 1,000,000 x 399 = $399,000,000, PLUS all the other services they sell! I think 1% (paying) is a LOW estimate. At first I thought they were nuts....But it makes perfect "business" sense.

I'll bet there were a few heated board meetings where everything was hashed out over and over, guaranteeing the owners that it was a good idea. As big as they are, no foolish idea will break ground.

I'll bet there were a few heated board meetings where everything was hashed out over and over, guaranteeing the owners that it was a good idea. As big as they are, no foolish idea will break ground.
If this turns a profit, I think you'll see other FREE image hosting sites follow, maybe at a lower cost. I imagine they expected all the NEGATIVE responses, but today people get over things (to) quickly. Like I said 1% could bring them a huge profit.....We'll have to wait and see.

I actually got all my pictures from there to download to me last week. Something like 460 or so. Guess I got lucky. The tough part was sorting them all out later.
I may take some time here and there to rebuild my old builds in the archives if they don't work...I haven't looked yet. I should at least check the ones I linked to in my sig.

Guitarl.

I understand the need for a "business" to be profitable. I also remember the time and effort it took to upload and post photos from Photobucket in various forum posts and Build threads. Yah it was free but now I feel violated in my work being held for ransom. I would imagine that the plan they enacted was part of their business plan all along. Hook em and reel in for a big payout. Well I'm not about to pay the 400$ or what ever to get back a few hundred linked photos that I have copies of. I may go back into some posts and add a "photo being held for ransom" note.
Sorry business practice, sign of the times though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back