Dyno Limo Glide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're having sprocket issues, do a Google search for 'offset bicycle sprocket' they can be had for around $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, i do have 10mm offset sprocket 18t, that's a maximum offset i could find. If it won't work i guess i would have to make one myself. We will find out soon :)

I have picked up the stickers and prepared the frame to be painted with second color.
e1b0abf21098284ae8c0b580f57b24d1.jpg

I actually wanted to put a thin outline on the edge of two colors, but now i am not sure. May be because of a slight mismeasurment (though i have always left some extra) or just because of the tough reality i could not stick them as perfect as i expected. May be just a lack of experience. I think the result will be nice since i was able to compensate many imperfections, but not the shape is not ideally symmetrical and i guess that means there is quite a chance i will not be able to lye down an outline sticker. Anyway, tomorrow i am getting the ready frame to assemble the bike!
c15f2a975307c61e0bd104d1080cf60f.jpg

I have picked up the wheels. Now i am hoping the sprocket offset would be enough for the chain not to rub against the rim.
eac4d9d2667c15edf94a58cc6e64105a.jpg

I have recieved all the parts except the light. And realized i have forgot about some kind of horn or a bell, so i would have to use what i find. Hopefully tomorrow i become the owner of my first really custom bike built by myself!
22314903b7f24d7dfc6e7c807259a15d.jpg

:banana:

Saa-weet paint job you have going there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey folks! I'm back from my trip to CSI Amsterdam.
The news are - after 700km the crank plate welds got cracked and it almost fell off! :D
I am super lucky that it happened to me in Hannover, the big city with the train station, not in the middle of the forest or some village in deep Germany. You can imagine the chance of that happening was quite a little to none :D
Anyway, if someone on earth is taking that post as a reference for your own build - DO NOT MAKE IT THE WAY I DID, USE TWO PLATES OR A TUBE TO ATTACH THE BB, if you do not want to remake it later on, what i have to do now.
But anyway, i am quite proud of myself that my first somewhat-custom frame held as much as 700km (435 miles) being heavily loaded with travel bags, used in tough conditions non-stop and went by very different kinds of roads/paths. I only had to dismount it few times while riding over loose sand. Thanks to Remon Baan in Amsterdam he helped me to weld that place up again so i could ride with everyone, but it is now only matter of time (possibly long) for it to break again.
I will upload some pictures from the trip after i get my computer fixed ;)
Thanks everyone for support!

Just realized i still have not posted the updates on this one :)
The BB is remade and fixed, now i use the double plate instead of the single one. Also run the cable guides with threaded rivets.
35nwaN0

31VTqiO

I had to sell this bike in the end. It was hard to let it go, but i need space for new projects coming. The new owner is very happy with it, and now wants to order a custom made frame from me. These are the pics of the bike i took just before selling it.
33h9PyK

33klSuT

2Vvc1Qy

33fkI3R

2ODMu5Y

2VvilY3

Oh, not again :/
Can you guys not see the pictures too?
I think it is because the forum engine parses the name of the hosting i use, thinking it is restricted language :) I have the very good hosting that allows me to use unlimited space and upload pics in very high quality, that, however, is placed in .wt_f domain zone (without "_" ). Before now i always had to shorten the links by entering them manually to bit.ly and it worked, but now seems the forum engine does not want to show them at all. Sad.

Maybe you can reduce the resolution of your pics and upload direct to RRB? One of your page 1 pics that I can see is 4032 x 3024 pixels and a file size of 3,425,810 bytes. If you reduce to 1000 x 750 pixels, file size is reduced to 259,685 bytes. so you can reduce file size by almost 90 % and still get a good image upload. :soapbox:

Maybe you can reduce the resolution of your pics and upload direct to RRB? One of your page 1 pics that I can see is 4032 x 3024 pixels and a file size of 3,425,810 bytes. If you reduce to 1000 x 750 pixels, file size is reduced to 259,685 bytes. so you can reduce file size by almost 90 % and still get a good image upload. :soapbox:
I probably should :)
I am just so in love with the pictures, that i want every pixel of it to be visible :D

Latest posts

Back