1986 Hutch XL24 cruiser. Parts ID help.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as you've done, clean so it presents well...but leave it as you've found it. If you get the same concerns being addressed by multiple potential buyers...then do the cost/value on changing something. I definitely wouldn't worry about stickering it to sell it.

Jason

Thanks for the input. Kind of the impression I had. Are you a member of bmxmuseum?....

I see a pair of cranks I want reaaaaaal bad....

Nope...I've came close to joining a couple times. I got drawn into some drama between the site owner and a disgruntled banned member just by responding to a CL ad once, and haven't got rid of that bad taste yet.

Jason

Nope...I've came close to joining a couple times. I got drawn into some drama between the site owner and a disgruntled banned member just by responding to a CL ad once, and haven't got rid of that bad taste yet.

Jason
Wow really? Heard the owner is in the CA Bay area.... I have done the wap site drama before, but over bikes? Wow, some people should log off their computer sometimes lol

Jason you are BMX info gold. You were roght about everything and your help with ID'n stuff and the research it lea to helped in the sale.

To legit to quit.

Thank you!

20171002_090213.jpg
Yes indeed! Never really told anyone the deal, but yeah. Pads and sticker set were ordered within a hour lol!

This morning tore her down to the bolts. Gonna polish up real good.

You rock.

20171008_110503.jpg

She' getting a polishing this weekend. Chrome came out nice and bright. Only real damage was a small spot oon the forks. The foiled OE replica sticker kit will actually cover it too!

This thing is in really good shape! Picked up an Odyssey cable and some Ame grips at the LBS and its on.

@RustyGold
20171008_122213.jpg

Digging into my sticker bag, knowing I had some GT coins.......and found these were different.

The wing and OG coin are from a sticker pack I got online. The 3 on the right are from my former hookups as I know they are right from the GT race tent. My questions are these:

- is this a year split thing and easy to explain, and if so when?
- is the top/bottom logo design with sideways location writing, (the 3 on the right) pitched to where these are for the reverse side off the handlebars?
- where/what us the winged/blue logo for?

I have done many picture searches and cannot figure out the winged thing. And is there a database you use?....or just Google?

I'd just go through bmxmuseum pics, looking at the ones that claim survivor status to break down what you see into years. Remember, twice is a coincidence...three times is a trend :grin:.

The horizontal coin is older than the stacked GT coins...I assume they are all seat mast coins.

The wings are probably for the handlebar crossbar...I believe the wings and horizontal GT coin are early to mid-80s.

Jason

Latest posts

Back