Latest Cool Finds, Mohawk Autobike Allpro Mystery Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All...Found a couple of goodies last week. Have a look

1970s H.P. Snyder Mohawk 3 Speed Touring Bike
Mohawk-1.jpg

Mohawk-3.jpg

Mohawk-2.jpg

Kmart Allpro
allpro_1398.jpg

allpro_1399.jpg

allpro_1400.jpg

Autobike 1200 6 Speed Self Shifting

Cleaned serviced adjusted, this thing rides great and the shifting actually works great. I had read that the gears 'clunk' when they change, I don't find that true at all..this is a clean easy rider. But, you really got to git on it hard for it to start shifting, when you brake or slow down , it automatically shifts down to low gear.
AutoBike_1.jpg

AutoBike_3.jpg

AutoBike_4.jpg

Army Green Cruiser

I bought this one just because if looked like fun...I can't find any marking on it..it's a bit rusty crusty w. nice patina, whoever painted it years ago did a good job, it was frame off, no overspray..even the inside of chain guard is painted. What is it..any guesses?? I'm thinking older 80s Huffy, Murray?
armyBike_3.jpg

armyBike_2.jpg

I had some old fenders laying around from an old Micargi beach cruiser, with a bit of persuading, they really beefed up the look..I'll probably play with this for a while, keep messing with it . Future build idea? maybe.
armyBike_5.jpg

There's more, but this is a good start.
And great job to everyone on the big build off this year, all winners in my book. I missed the whole thing, up in Pennsylvania July and August taking care of Mom...got back to Florida just in time for Hurricane Irma. That was fun, rode it out in the house..WILD.

take care,
Franco

The old green bike is Murray made, going by the pointy dropouts, chain wheel, and chain guard. Probably 70s or 80s.
0efc1f84936d5ed2f2330bda5fa71a65.jpg

The old green bike is Murray made, going by the pointy dropouts, chain wheel, and chain guard. Probably 70s or 80s.
0efc1f84936d5ed2f2330bda5fa71a65.jpg

Yes, I thought so Wildcat. I should know that, I just sold one last week looks just like the one in your picture. The crank on the green one is stamped ('something') 78. I didn't know the monterey went back to the 70s.

I read that Murray made the beach cruiser type Monterey starting in the late 70s, all the way into the 90s, before that the Monterey was a lightweight bike.

Latest posts

Back