Alchemist Airflow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut out two pieces of steel from the template, one slightly different than the other for imperfections in the tank shape. I then proceeded to tack the wrong side on. sigh... Ah well. I'll make it work. It'll just take a little more work.
IMG_5183_zpssgzsalzi.jpg

How's this build going ?

How's this build going ?

With another build going on, and a couple of customer items in the shop, this one has been on pause. I knew that this one would be a slow burn from the beginning, because this is the one build that I don't want to rush.

It's very disappointing to see all of my photos down, but I really don't feel like fixing them. So, I'll just move onward. I worked on this bike for the first time in a long time this weekend. I started stitch welding the tank pieces together, did some welding on the frame here and there, and adjusted the chain guard to fit better. Put some parts back on it, so that it looks more like the Airflo I'm going for.
IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

I still like the look of this bike...
I'm not 100% on the stem yet
But the frame stretch and tank is awesome!

Carl.

Really one of my favorite in progress builds around!

Do you still have the pics in your computer or somewhere?
Even a quick montage of your best build pics collected in a new post would be better than nothing...
:)

I've been thinking a lot about how to make the curved fender braces. I've imagined many ways to do it. In fact, I thought myself in so many circles, that I did nothing. I finally made the call to just try something, even if it doesn't work. I took a steel exercise bike wheel I've had in my junk pile, and cut it up to use the curves. It might just work.
IMG_5931.JPG

IMG_5933.JPG

IMG_5936.JPG

IMG_5937.JPG

Progress!
Whenever I'm passing through Sac I remember your builds and think it'd be cool to see one or two in person...:)

Latest posts

Back