Tyranny & Mutation / '36 Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great and like the BOC reference.
Thanks brother, I like using rockin' roll references on my builds.
c34ef8d4d4677901d03fd144602b48c9.jpg

Carl.

Ditto ^ ! I'm just getting familiar with 'hands on' to these Silver King frames. Saw one at the swap on Sunday down here. It came stock with 24" hoops. But looked like you might be able to fit a 26" in the frame / fork as well. Is your rear a 26er Carl? Waiting for all the #silverking experts to chime in now....
My understanding is that all 1936 SKs are 24 inch wheeled frames but you can squeeze a big tire in there. As seen by my 26 x 2.3 on a 57mm wide rim.
8829d594c058c1f20df49a4ddc6528d3.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
I love how it looks like you stuffed the fattest tire that fit in there. Those fill out well on those 57's.

[emoji106]
Thanks bro. I bought a pair of those tires a couple years back when we did the off road build off and I created Dead Metal.
PFarm 010.jpg

Since then I've scavenged most of the goodies from that bike. (hey there's the fork) The other tire went on the back of the Westfield I built last year, Wasteland.
IMG_729311.jpg

I used the same rim size (57mm) with a red band Kickback hub, so I knew what it looked like. Fun thing is I just eyeballed it because I didn't want to take Wasteland apart (it's a favorite of mine) but I just knew that same tire/rim combo would be killer on Tyranny & Mutation.

Carl.

Last edited:
throw a seat and a chain on that thing and it would be awesome as it sits, let me know if you have any interest in a twist grip shifter for that 3CC, pretty sure I still have it somewhere

throw a seat and a chain on that thing and it would be awesome as it sits, let me know if you have any interest in a twist grip shifter for that 3CC, pretty sure I still have it somewhere
Thanks! But not what I'm after...
New punch list...
da the front half of the fork
leaf spring seat post
stretch handlebars
long fork rockers
shifter
chain
seat recover
It's all doable...

Guitarl.

I know you love that dragster look Carl. I can't help but seeing another fattie up front in that massive fork. Your skinny tire seems a bit 'lost'. :rolleyes:

I know you like to push my buttons...

I know you love that dragster look Carl. I can't help but seeing another fattie up front in that massive fork. Your skinny tire seems a bit 'lost'. :rolleyes:
It's not a massive fork.
I'm not sure why you think it is.
Besides it's not even done yet.
I still have new rockers to build.
Don't expect a copy of everyone
else's bike from me...

Carl.

Last edited:
I know you like to push my buttons...

It's not a massive fork.
I'm not sure why you think it is.
Besides it's not even done yet.
I still have new rockers to build.
Don't expect a copy of everyone
else's bike from me...

Carl.
You are right, I do like to get a reaction out of you!

And I'm really hoping that last line of yours isn't as insinuating as it sounds.... :grin:

Remember, you are a former winner of the OddJob Award for Hottest Hot Rod.

No insinuation, just a reminder that I don't do everyone elses version of what's cool. As proven by my repeatedly failing to break into the top tier of voting. Maybe I have a deficiency there :39: But, I have a garage full of bikes that always evoke positive emotions on the street.

Carl.

Then this happened...
64122793c60f60c526139adc943e6844.jpg
Nothing is attached, just fit for size.

0ad274380b4e247da6439690ace9bd52.jpg
10.5 inches should allow me to reach from the back...

d34d15ad397ee05711894ca493ab165c.jpg
There are two seams on each side. The rear ones will be covered by the grips. The forward ones will feature a "Jetsons" style of detail if I can figure out how to drill out some 1/8th inch thick brass washers I have, to the O.D. of the inner sleeve pipes.

Carl.

The bars look great on there! The sweep / shape and the diameter of the bar compliments the frame tubes perfectly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back