Leg Day, resurrected

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great on there . I like the copper. What color are you thinking of.

Really like the stance of this one.
It will be interesting to hear how the Nexus 7 works with that big chainring.
I’ve always seen that hub mated to a smallish (36-44) front.

Cool bike for sure.
[emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great on there . I like the copper. What color are you thinking of.
At first I was planning to match the blue, but now I'm leaning towards gloss black.

Really like the stance of this one.
It will be interesting to hear how the Nexus 7 works with that big chainring.
I’ve always seen that hub mated to a smallish (36-44) front.

Cool bike for sure.
[emoji1363]

Thanks. It's not bad, I put a 22 or 23t cog on the hub, I usually ride in gear 3 or 4, I got used to a high gear when I was riding my old singlespeed it was a 16/52. Unfortunately I did something while putting it back on yesterday, doesn't want to pedal right. I'll have to take it off and see if I damaged anything.

I still love how cool that blade fork works for the chainstays.
I wonder what blue Metalcast paint would look like over the copper finish below?
The more I look at it, the better the copper looks to me. I'm going to keep them until I can get a set of black 3Gs.
On my way home today I was picturing in my head a bike frame almost entirely composed of forks, except for BB and head tube. It would be ridiculous! But in a cool way I think.

That would be forking crazy but awesome!!!

Hmm, I took the wheel off, looked at it, and put it back on. Works fine now. I think maybe the chain was too tight.
I'm thinking with the wider rims, Leg Day has kind of a motobike look. What style of seat would look best? I like longsprings, but I'm working with a tight budget. Any suggestions for an alternative?

I agree with King, that Thompson seat (the darker one with black springs.
Sometimes Ian has ‘blemish’ saddles (to me, that means ‘pre-charactered’).
You can remove the front spring to reduce the side-to-side ‘springyness’

Very cool bike indeed. It looks almost finished, I guess all that's left is fenders, chainguard and lights? Don't overdo it.
I love the bars. Many guys put looks over comfort and have the bars too low, but for me it is discomfortable and I found out higher bars feel better, particularily with a lower seating position. I think low bars are best when combined with a motor. The Nexus is an awesome hub, with an insane range, I love it. It is good that You chose the bigger tires since they add comfort and the spring seat will add a lot more. It was also a good idea to stick to the 26" front wheel since it rolls better over obstacles compared to the 20" and gives better ride quality. The frame turned out really nice, cool shifter too. I want to see this bike completed.

No fenders in the plan, but I'm on the lookout for a cool chainguard. If nothing catches my eye I have the Wald to go back on it.
I'm all about comfort, My goal with this bike is comfy to ride, but still good-looking. The whitewalls gotta go; black slicks will look better to me.

Latest posts

Back