Frankenbike part ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I would like to build this bike but all I have are these ultra low res screen caps from the 90's. I am hoping someone can ID the frame based of these. The picture is not fish eyed, the forks are smaller. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, the bike is 1993 or older.
Thanks
2.png
trytry.png
ghdfg.png

10 points if you know what this bike is from!

Best bet is to post your photos at the BMX museum in the what is it forum.

There is a 'Rocket Babydolls' movie in '93, but...I don't think that is the source. I'm starting lean towards some music video?

I've never seen 'Better off Dead', so I looked up some clips...and that bike is strange in that it has a Schwinn downtube sticker and quite possibly a badge as well, but, it isn't a Schwinn. Looks like a department story Redline copy of somekind...possibly an Akisa.

Jason

There is a 'Rocket Babydolls' movie in '93, but...I don't think that is the source. I'm starting lean towards some music video?

I've never seen 'Better off Dead', so I looked up some clips...and that bike is strange in that it has a Schwinn downtube sticker and quite possibly a badge as well, but, it isn't a Schwinn. Looks like a department story Redline copy of somekind...possibly an Akisa.

Jason
You are getting close on the source. I think the frame is a 24" robinson cruiser???? But I am no expert! That's why I came here!

The pics (when viewed on a phone, at least) are inadequate to really figure out what it is. It looks chrome with twin toptubes to me. I don't see a foot platform behind the seat. So, my mind goes to redline or torker...but, it could easily be one of many different department store bikes just as easily.

Need better pics :grin:,
Jason

I know this picture is bad. I am thinking this thing may be a reflector of sorts. What do you think? I know Schwinn made a teardrop shaped one, but it is not the same. Any ideas?
reflector_zps8q7lckje.png

Latest posts

Back