Macro Monday! Show that zoomed-in detail shot on Monday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Raleigh fork (with good red paint on the frame hidden under the grime).
Just about all of the classic British bicycle brands were consolidated together by 1960. These thimble crown forks, that I completely groove on, pop up under many different badges.

( I'll sneak one more macro shot in here...)
DSC_2995 (2).JPG

Just about all of the classic British bicycle brands were consolidated together by 1960. These thimble crown forks, that I completely groove on, pop up under many different badges.

( I'll sneak one more macro shot in here...)View attachment 90331
I always look for Birmingham instead of Nottingham on Hercules bikes, Nottingham made Hercules was, as you said, around 1960 when Raleigh them made most of the English brands. They were still good quality but Raleigh was a notch above.

I just landed a Redline Monocog Flight in a trade and was able to score some parts at the swap meet yesterday to give it a bmx cruiser look. There are a handful of modern mountain bikes that I've always wanted to own but couldn't justify it at the time. The Monocog is one of them.

DSC_3136 (2).JPG

Red anodized bars will be black before they get installed.
DSC_3132 (3).JPG

Latest posts

Back