53 Western Rocket - Put A Fork In Her, She's Done !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before & after on the seat pans
IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1175.jpg

Scribble, bringing his A game! You are so good at this vintage refresh of bicycles. I like how you are able to take it back 'a few decades' in time without anybody really being able to tell all that you did to get it there. Signs of a true craftsman!

Scribble, bringing his A game! You are so good at this vintage refresh of bicycles. I like how you are able to take it back 'a few decades' in time without anybody really being able to tell all that you did to get it there. Signs of a true craftsman!

Thanks OddJob ! I feel a little crazy sometimes when I do these. (Most people would leave them as it) so I'm glad somebody considers me a Craftsman :thumbsup:.

il_794xN.443747659_tfbi.jpg

Alright I'm gonna be gone for the next two weeks. I'll still be lurking around in the shadows. Just won't be able to post anything about my bike. Bikes just going to chill out on my carpet for a while. Seen you guys when I get back !
20190515_013820~3.jpg

View attachment 95482
Alright I'm gonna be gone for the next two weeks. I'll still be lurking around in the shadows. Just won't be able to post anything about my bike. Bikes just going to chill out on my carpet for a while. Seen you guys when I get back ! View attachment 95484
As long as you enjoy your two weeks away and come back refreshed and ready to build!
:banana:

@Big Ape always has quality bikes, so that explains the excellent starting point. All that needs is a little special love to make it shine even more. Have fun!

I promise this will be the only none project post, but wanted to share a sneaky peak into my "Fishin trip"
20190515_114916.jpg

20190517_145343.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm back ! Here's the seat all repainted.
IMG_1609.JPG

Sadly the OG seat cover kind of got set on fire, by one of my room mates. 60 year old seat padding seems to be highly flammable, grinder sparks set it off.
IMG_1611.JPG

Did your roommate's pants catch on fire first, and then he sat on your seat, or the other way around?
:21:

Did your roommate's pants catch on fire first, and then he sat on your seat, or the other way around?
:21:

He was cutting up a motorcycle seat pan, over all my stuff and set the 60 year old seat padding on fire with grinder sparks. So sadly nothing as comical as your scenario.

Oiled all the painted parts today.
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

After the oil was applied.
IMG_1617.JPG

I also decided to scrub down the Lighting Darts, they cleaned up well.
Tire in front is before scrubbing.
20190603_161817.jpg

Man, that's looking great! Love the oiled down finish!

Are those new Lightning Darts? Looks like I can see the mold flashing still on the tread.

Thanks I put the linseed oil on a bit thicker then I usually do, so it's got an almost shellac type finish.

Yes the Darts are basically brand-new, barely any miles put on them. And the ones they do have were put on by me.

Wheel set all rebuilt and clean.
IMG_1623.JPG

Before
IMG_1618.JPG

After
IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

clean rim vs dirty rim.
IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

Latest posts