TRM Convertible Tank ~virtual mock ups~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the best way to mock this tank up, with a men's frame.
a3a2b03a53a8446b7aadb5e3fad11af2.jpg
6901880d880b5c96aab7453f0565aff2.jpg

But I think it might work on a girl's frame.

That said, I heard there was a tornado in northern Alabama. Not sure where you are to where it was, but hope all is well in TRM land.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

f4ff64b498e33cb271fc113fa83d6fa9.jpg
Just picked up this old Huffy Cranbrook for $25. I think it might be a good candidate. Have to finish my 2 other projects first, but as soon as my bicycle cash stash builds up enough to buy one, I'm pulling the trigger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's a wild idea. Since I have a TRM Convertible Tank and a TSP Oldster T3, I thought I'd see what the possibilities would be, and I think it could be made to work well as an underslung tank on the version of the Oldster frame that just has the top tube with a gusset, and doesn't have the second, middle tube.

View attachment 65370 just checking on a TRM tank to fit this Sun Bicycle--just taking up room and nobody rides it.
Looks like a yes!
This is a guess on the scale without knowing the exact measurements of the frame, but it should be close. The lower placement of the seat stays would require that the trailing end of the tank should mount around the seat post instead of the frame in order to keep the light pods from pointing excessively upward. This would not effect the seat post adjusting. I actually like the way this looks though! It's different and has an aggressive profile.

Thanks for asking, I wasn't familiar with this bike.

Sun Revolutions conversion.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a yes!
This is a guess on the scale without knowing the exact measurements of the frame, but it should be close. The lower placement of the seat stays would require that the trailing end of the tank should mount around the seat post instead of the frame in order to keep the light pods from pointing excessively upward. This would not effect the seat post adjusting. I actually like the way this looks though! It's different and has an aggressive profile.

Thanks for asking, I wasn't familiar with this bike.

View attachment 65371
Thanks for the feedback-!!!

I have been wondering what it'd look like on some of these mixte-style 700C comfort/commuter bikes out now. Kind of like your black build-off bike, but more ready-built.
I been ponderin tanks for this bike(soon to be a black beauty).
20190601_123226.jpg

But one that holds gas.
20190616_122539.jpg

Was leanin more towards a coffin....possibly prism....maybe backwards :39:

Need to figure out a conversion from 1 1/8" fork to 1" steerer tube too.
20190619_220316.jpg

I think it's been done.
Tryin to man'r up a bit.

Latest posts

Back