Mt Fury

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this cheapo Roadmaster Mt Fury at a dumpster (pictured at back upside down) and brought it home. I was on my bike when I spotted it. When I returned later in the day with my truck, the bike in the foreground was gone.

P1000987.JPG

New paint and parts and turned it in to more of a cruiser. Has a SA 2 speed kickback. A great riding bike and been my go-to lately.

How it was first set up...
P1020175.JPG

2nd...
P1020253.JPG

Last edited:
I have one of those out in the shed. And I've junked out a bunch at our local coop. Like most Asian imports sold at the box marts, the frames are quite over built. When you ship by container vessel, extra weight is a bonus. I used to think Magna was the worst, then I got a Roadmaster and I thought that was bad. Then I got a Kent, Triax, Vertical, more Magna's, Pacifics, etc and well, they are all the same. You rarely see the frames fail even though the bikes aren't rideable due to abuse or neglect. And like most Asian imports, the parts are mostly junk. Stamped steel parts throughout. Really badly cut threads, low quality steel in cables, unplated mild steel derailleurs, brakes and so on. Tossing the parts and starting over like you did works out okay. I'd just take the time with an angle grinder to remove the extra cable stops before the paint goes on. That gives you a cleaner look and it is less items to snag the flesh on.

The color scheme is sure reminiscent of the Bianchi Milano.

Rick

PS, too bad the DB was gone. You got to learn to ghost ride a bike so they can go home with you sooner.

Latest posts

Back