Hello Rat Road Bikes forum members!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! Just joined, thanks to Steve for helping with some initial difficulty with opening the membership. Starting to relive my childhood as I see many of you are as well. I have a Dyno Roadster that I purchased some years ago and am finally getting around to bringing it back to the way it should be.

I look forward to contributing to the sight. Looks like you folks have a good thing gong here @ RRB! I appreciate what you have here. I have a few questions on my bike and will post some questions in the appropriate area.

Cheers!

Don't forget the pics!..of the Dyno.

I got some Dyno tires....that came with a bike attached.
20190627_171407.jpg

Welcome to RRB!!
Let's see your ride?

51108_ef96b3e41d08e3de578176b71b3d0b2a.jpg
Welcome aboard!
Dyno is a good bike. I had several of them. I never had the chance to get my Roadster going, but the rest were great to work on and ride. My latest was a Taxi that had been in a junk pile for years. 26 x 3 inch tires fit!

Last edited:
Nice looking bikes guys! I will get some pictures up as soon as I get her all back together.

UGH! Waiting on a shop to fix my original front wheel! Hub got trashed! Spokes are still good. Going to have it rebuilt as the hoop is still good and new chrome stinks! Looking for an original Dyno 26 X 2.125 front wheel in good condition if anyone knows of one. Can't wait to get back on the road.

Also going to put as close to original bow/krate pedals back on her. Lastly hand grips. Looks like the original dynos were chrome and black and had the dimpled grip. I see some with the skull ends but those look like Electra's to me not dynos?

My Taxi had the handlebars and stem stolen, along with the seat when it was nearly new. So, I could only get Electra stuff over here in Hawaii.
I used pics of Dynos to try to get it looking as close to original as I could. The grips look like the skull grips I got for it, I'm not sure if the originals say Dyno or not, I can't find a close up photo.

The seat may say Dyno but a lot of cruiser seats are nearly identical.
hqdefault.jpg

20150819_070212.jpg

Here's a thread from a few years ago here:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/dyno-roadster.94035/

Bike looks good!

I spent a good amount of time looking through the dyno threads here and doing image searches out on the web. IMHO the originals didn't have the skulls, but it looks like the KK and other generations may have seen some changes.

Here is a close up. Looks like the classic "D" on the end of the grip.

Attachments

• Dyno Roadster Handgrip Original.jpg
    Dyno Roadster Handgrip Original.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 119
Welcome! Yeah, my Dyno grips have a D on the end. Love my Dyno, smoothest bike I ever rode.

Latest posts

Back