• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Disc brake mounting tabs/bracket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Looking to mount a disc brake to an old frame. Want to weld on the mounting tabs rather than just adding the external bracket.

I’m looking for someone who may have a junk MTB frame or fork they could cut the tabs off. Got anything?

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/21st-century-hawthorne-flyer.104338/

I had a separate post somewhere here two years ago about welding disk brake mount tabs to old frame/forks to avoid the hack-athon adapter "solution". The thread "disappeared" mysteriously into the Ether. I will look for it a bit more in the search window. The link above is how you do it properly. There is another link there to the post-style mounts that I used on the 21st century Hawthorne Flyer thread. DO NOT USE THE side mount tabs as they are useless....skpc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back