2019 schwinn hornet with opening tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i called schwinn and was told it was only international,she didnt know why,but i would think the cpsc has somthing to do with it,i spent years with the toro co,the cpsc was always putting saftey rules on products sold on usa,but as many regulations on overseas products,schwinn might be making more sellin it overseas,would be good to find somone in the military that is comin home and can bring one back
And yet, they can safely sell the Megalo-mart trash? A Schwinn is less safe than a Hyper?

Hypers aren't that bad. Just change out the wheels, cranks, pedals, bearings, tires and some other stuff and you're good to go! Frame and forks seem to be okay.

50600_2e78f9165914efe62bf6adb61fdbb546.jpg

i called schwinn and was told it was only international,she didnt know why,but i would think the cpsc has somthing to do with it,i spent years with the toro co,the cpsc was always putting saftey rules on products sold on usa,but as many regulations on overseas products,schwinn might be making more sellin it overseas,would be good to find somone in the military that is comin home and can bring one back
No reflectors anywhere and appears the lawyer washer is missing from front axle. That would save a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypers aren't that bad. Just change out the wheels, cranks, pedals, bearings, tires and some other stuff and you're good to go! Frame and forks seem to be okay.

View attachment 112620
If you have to replace all that on a new bike, I'd hardly call it "not that bad"

If you have to replace all that on a new bike, I'd hardly call it "not that bad"
I would disagree. I have stripped and scrapped many big box store bikes. Once in a while you come across a worthy frame, maybe useful wheels and other major parts but almost all seats, grips, pedals and brakes are crap. :soapbox: If it's cheap enough you may be happy with it after improvements.

I view Hyper as a half rung up on the Walmartian bikes. It is a real bike company that has 'real' bikes and mass market bikes. Their mass market bikes are made in the same craptastic China factories as the rest of the WM types...but, if you check them out a bit closer you see little design and quality differences that to me indicate that the Hyper PtB don't just wash their hands of the mass market bikes...they seem to pay some attention to what is going on and keep a finger on them...a pinky finger, but a finger none the less :grin:.

The Hyper cruiser is a copy of the basic Electra cruiser. The blue one I had was the only one out of three new ones on display that didn't have warped wheels. They also have one that is a copy of a Townie. I sold it here for as much as I had in it, the neighbor really liked the looks of it.
I saw a new one in walmart yesterday, only now it's a shiny metallic blue, but $113 bucks for a frame and forks is too much.
26in-Hyper-HBC-Mens-Beach-Cruiser-Blue_4.jpg

I think the link I provided on page one is all the information you need regarding North American sales, or at least Canadian. Hornet is a different model here, I wouldn't expect to find the tank version, unless it's an import.

Latest posts

Back