Western Flyer Jet Plane Tanker 50s

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of my tankers.
This one I found a year and a half ago. Its all original except for the fender light
westernflyerjetplaneoriginal.jpg

Then I recently located this one on CL It needs some parts but will make a great Restore to give me a Restored and an Original

westernflyerjettanker1.jpg

westernflyerjettanker2.jpg

Really cool bicycles. Ive been working on a 1953 24” of the same bike. Are yours 26”? If youd like to part with your new cl find let me know im interested.
Heres an as found, ill put up some cleaned up pics later today....

IMAG1535.jpg

I bought a tank like those and have wondered what kind of bike. Murray it seems. Truss rods or a springer dented mine. It will probably just sit on the shelf for looks.

96w9xe.jpg

barkeep said:
Really cool bicycles. Ive been working on a 1953 24” of the same bike. Are yours 26”? If youd like to part with your new cl find let me know im interested.
Heres an as found, ill put up some cleaned up pics later today....

IMAG1535.jpg
Love to see more pics

Yes both are 26". Gonna hang on to them for now. The first one won BEST ORIGINAL at a local show February 2011, two days after I found it. So they are close to heart.

Yours is in great condition. It amazes me how they last some 60 years old.

Wildcat said:
I bought a tank like those and have wondered what kind of bike. Murray it seems. Truss rods or a springer dented mine. It will probably just sit on the shelf for looks.

96w9xe.jpg

I love those graphics. I may try to re-create that jet on the tank of a different bike.
I wish I could find a decal of it.

527B6AF4-C5FA-49D5-997C-CE6FE4FB5267.jpeg
123F048F-54F6-4FF8-9A01-32055BBF1D2B.jpeg
C0104D8A-9292-4BA1-8965-0EB1A4B13D12.jpeg
Here’s my ‘55 jet bike: the original paint was long gone. Between rust pitting and being covered in about 4 Coats of paint.....

I said heck with it..... this bike would b awesome in antique white!!!

Stripped it to bare metal, filled the holes with j b weld and bondo, sanded, painted and assembled.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back