79 SCHWINN SPITFIRE 5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0-20 2.jpeg

I'm not trying to thread jack, I just found this pic of 1980 5 speed that one of my clients has.
This is from a few years ago but I guarantee that it's still just hanging there. Just needs to lose those goofy tires and fenders,
and needs a good detail.

Last edited:
View attachment 116171
I'm not trying to thread jack, I just found this pic of 1980 5 speed that one of my clients has.
This is from a few years ago but I guarantee that it's still just hanging there. Just needs to lose those goofy tires and fenders,
and needs a good detail.

It does appear to be pretty mint!

If you get it, I may be interested in the tires :)

This 1978 Spitfire 5 that I found at a yard sale is what actually led me to find RRB back in 2009 after the seller told me about the site.

IMAGE_460.jpg

Discovered that these tires are no longer rideable. Tried to air them up to 30lbs and scary things started happening. [emoji15]

I’m pretty sure Schwinn brand tires were the poorest quality tires on the market. Every pair I’ve ever found are always falling apart.
index.php

Tires on this one were just hangin in there. After all they are 35 years old.
it's not authentic but these evo tires roll so much better on pavement and gravel.:soapbox:
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/1986-schwinn-cruiser-5.110285/#post-1127397

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back