Macro Monday! Show that zoomed-in detail shot on Monday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my motorcycle, I won't replace a tire before cords are showing...they just cost too much and have such a short lifespan to leave any meat on the bone. Modern tires have such stiff sidewalls that you can do 50mph on a deflated rear (slow down for the corners, however!)...fronts are a bit more sketchy.

Inspired by the Studebaker Pedal Car thread I ordered this. When the right piece of stainless or aluminum comes along I'll make a better bracket. Stude thread:
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/studebaker-pedal-car.110259/post-1130491
Ornament close.JPG

Looks like the owner banked into a lot of corners. Sparks and everything!
Pedal Strike, such a familiar thing after riding bicycles for the past 50+ years. I have two very memorable ones, one caused by a narrow section of trail between rocks and change from 175mm cranks to 180mm and the other an asphalt bulge next to a concrete gutter in a downhill turn on a fixed gear. The MTB strike caused a trip over the bars. The fixed gear strike was at about 25 MPH and I was able to ride out of it, though I had to bang out the wave in my wheel in order to make it home.

Latest posts

Back