BO15 All Downhill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After consultations with O.J. re: seat choices, and a thorough dig thru the stash I have 3 finalists.
unknown seat 1.jpg
Unknown iso.JPG
wtb seat.jpg
WTB iso.JPG
velo seat.jpg
Velo iso.JPG

The only saddle I have rode any distance in is the Velo and it's not a bad fit for me.

Also gonna try these 1980's ChengShins from a flipped Girls Huffy.
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2673.JPG

Velo seat for sure!

What size tires are you looking for and do they need to be skin wall or tan wall?
I like the tread and style of tread on these. Only rub is they are only 20" x 1.95" size. They will be awesome or silly looking. Same tire, fatter, used, or new, and cheap. :)

I like the tread and style of tread on these. Only rub is they are only 20" x 1.95" size. They will be awesome or silly looking. Same tire, fatter, used, or new, and cheap. :)

You mean 26", right?

Tires look great on there, HF! Very retro too. I still think a big ol' block style logo with just the letters like maybe HF-DH in black filling up that painters canvas called a 'down tube' on your bike would give it that braggadocious , cocky, downhiller attitude.
HF-DH.jpg

For saddles, I vote either Velo, or the non-descript black one.

bw.jpg

Cool but I don't know where I could source stickers for graphics. Maybe a stencil?

Last edited:
Finally back messing with this. Digging thru my stash, which has been improved by the addition of a lot of interesting bits my late brother acquired. Also found a rogue brewski in our fridge door that my brother had picked up during our trip to Ann Arbor swap last year... Nice afternoon for reflection. Sipped this beverage as I dug through the parts.

IMG_1627.JPG
post 1.jpg

The cat is our latest stray, "Clarence". He was literally sitting by the side of the county road a couple of miles from our place last January. Named after the angel in "It's a Wonderful life."
IMG_1628.JPG

He likes to hang around me in the garden or the shop.
I selected:
Shimano Tourney Derailleur. Not premo but it's black and the big jockey wheels look kool.
IMG_1610.JPG

Shimano index thumbie. I actually have 3 of the SIS index type 5 speed thumb shifters. This one looks the worst - label long gone, but the mechanism shifts smooth like butter. :)
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG

Brake levers. Digging thru the brake parts for levers, I wanted big motorcycle type bits. Found a mismatched pair 1 C-Star and 1 Shimano and painted the Shimano black to match.
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG

Today the brakes themselves and chain install.

Nice day for reflection and ratification. And the refreshement; Founders is a good one. We see that here in MN too. Their Session Ale is a good one, and their stout I tried is smooothe. I'm a Brown fan, so if I can find the Underground Mountain, I'd like to give that a go.

Looks like the parts group is coming together. DoWn HiLL oN~!

Latest posts

Back