I got this beast today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The band brake threads are the same as the freewheel cog. One side gets the cog and the other the band brake. I put a cog on the front wheel so I can swap it to the rear if need be. I just got my rear hub laced in yesterday. I just threaded on the band brake disc, the cog goes on next. Same threads on both sides of the hub. That spacer comes out to make the hub narrower but it's still wider than a regular front hub.
blue hub.JPG

[QUOTE="Now then, would it be a mortal sin against the vintage bike gods if I stick a Chinese motor on this sucker?
[/QUOTE]

YES!

My AMF made Montgomery Ward bike has that decal on upside down as well.

Attachments

• FC8AC870-8C48-4C95-AAF3-8BC53355A70B.jpeg
    FC8AC870-8C48-4C95-AAF3-8BC53355A70B.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 75
Nice bike with a sweet frame. My first brand new bike was a Roadmaster 10 speed made in Japan, not sure if any link to AMF though. Fairly solid but the cotter pin cranks drove me crazy.

Nice bike with a sweet frame. My first brand new bike was a Roadmaster 10 speed made in Japan, not sure if any link to AMF though. Fairly solid but the cotter pin cranks drove me crazy.
My second bike was an AMF (my first bike was my brothers 70’s rollfast). Got it for my 12th birthday in 1981. Biggest piece of junk ever. I rode the heck out of it. I’d ride about a mile to the used record store and rode home with a stack of punk records.

The store is still around but the guys inventory has gotten out of hand and now it’s like a horder’s house. Only with records and stero gear. Like old 78’s? Pack a lunch because he’s got a giant wall of them but they aren’t in order.

Latest posts

Back