Vintage 63cm bike with 30 inch wheels.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MuG3TQQZdmwWCr40-EDw4kGiY6vB4hKTY7xDr9pihh3lTvb8uT7AmKcq4WruRAExlWGdLnst7bLoY3dRi0GOdraABKFOTM...jpg

5 foot 11 but proportioned like 2d from The Gorillaz. :21:
Also congrats on being one of the few people at 5'11" tall who doesn't round up.

I'm only 5'8", which is actually the perfect hight to be when every manufacturer, and ISO standard designs their products and rules around the "average" sized human.

I'm 5'9.78221(notice, not rounding up) which is nice because it's right between medium and large on most bikes. I can choose which based on the feel I'm looking for. I've got a large and two medium Hardrocks, and both work great.

I'm only 5'8", which is actually the perfect hight to be when every manufacturer, and ISO standard designs their products and rules around the "average" sized human.
In my previous career, I was occasionally on procurement teams for semi-conductor manufacturing equipment. All of the machines are stupid short, and non-adjustable for height. The answer was always the same... industry standard is build for the average Japanese Woman, and adjustable workstations quickly end up being the #1 warranty item. At the time (about a decade ago, that meant they were targeting 4'9" to 4'10" :wondering:). So, at 5'8”…you'd be just as uncomfortable as me at 6'2".

Last edited:
In my previous career, I was a draftsman at a construction crane mfg. We had 3-D models of operators we were supposed to accommodate. My favorite was 4' 10" female!
I know we went to a male over 7' tall in the other extreme (all dressed in full winter gear).
I think we were trying to cover like 98 percentile...

Custom track bike for a 6 foot 8 rider. This thing is a work of art and is very high quality.
20210124_124823.jpg

me and my cycling/mounting climbing bud are 5-9" (used to be 5-10", yay growing old), and we call our clothing size Merge. We're between medium and large. So being 5-9" can be a nuisance sometimes.

That 30" wheel bike has nice proportions.

I have a 63cm MTB with 700c road wheels and a track fork on it. Weird geometry.
20201227_160253.jpg

Would be fun to make a bike with minivelo proportions but based around 700c wheels.
1611762635692.png

I dunno who would ride it. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?

My best friend is 6'4" and after he destroyed this Zaskar I ended up with it. Broken derailleur hanger meant no speeds....
A little big for my 5'10" reach but rides surprisingly well....
20210115_045955.jpg

My 63cm Ross next to my 58cm CCM. My guess is a bike that is the same size as my blue one that has proportional wheels would be pretty big. Both of my bikes in the picture have 27" wheels.
20210130_134443.jpg

Latest posts

Back