RRBBO16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is at least only a matter of money with you. Here in Germany we are limited to 250watt and 25 kmh, plus the thumb throttle is outlawed.
You can buy a more powerful e-bike, but you can't make a powerful build street legal.
All of europe has the 25km limit. On the bafang motor you can buy a 250w and stick it on. You can also programme the screen and set it. Also some have kill locks/switch. To limit power when on road. I have a twist throttle. Police have been behind me, lucky i was doing 30 and pedalling, but I don't go crazy when traffic is around. In Germany I know it is strict.

Pieces to this year's bike build puzzle arriving in the BACK40 's mailbox.

Rear tire...
20210422_084012.jpg

Pieces to this year's bike build puzzle arriving in the BACK40 's mailbox.

Rear tire...
View attachment 155143
I see I'm not alone in contemplation......colors, accents, details,.....

IMG_20210422_220606548~2.jpg

This is as far as I got tonight for at least one build option

Probably going with Plum Crazy after a book I might finish after I get the Sloth & Good Boy books out and you can probably guess the color it'll be (I know Plymouth called it "In Violet", but the Dodge's color name is much better and better known).

View attachment 155078
This is my plum crazy toy. Definitely a great color!
DSCN1683.JPG

1619182152227.png

JUST 8 DAYS TO GO!!!!

Last edited:
That inverted fork thing to get the bike reaaal low?
This new bent springer is for a 26" bike, so I don't know if I can accomplish the same effect as the 20" builds. A few years ago I experimented with many 20" versions and came up with a few different combinations that I have still not revealed to anyone. I basically spread out 3-4 different styles of springer parts on the floor and just kept trying different combinations. The proportions look different on this 26" version, so it might fail completely or I might even come up with some completely new combinations. I am even hoping that trying parts from both the 20" and the 26" springers together might produce something really strange. But the initial idea is to build a 26" version of my original 20" DRAGSTER RAT FREAK and see where it goes from there.
DSCN1010.JPG

I don't remember how these bikes are called!
I made a few different versions of basically the same design. It is not a lowrider. It is not a scraper. It's a combination of ideas. I simply called them "FREAKS" because the original inspiration was one very obscure style from some creative Australian builders that built things they called "freak bikes". I simply used vintage American bikes to enhance their ideas. Since then, I have received many compliments from all types of builders and have inspired many copies of the "FREAK" concept.

This new bent springer is for a 26" bike, so I don't know if I can accomplish the same effect as the 20" builds. A few years ago I experimented with many 20" versions and came up with a few different combinations that I have still not revealed to anyone. I basically spread out 3-4 different styles of springer parts on the floor and just kept trying different combinations. The proportions look different on this 26" version, so it might fail completely or I might even come up with some completely new combinations. I am even hoping that trying parts from both the 20" and the 26" springers together might produce something really strange. But the initial idea is to build a 26" version of my original 20" DRAGSTER RAT FREAK and see where it goes from there.
View attachment 155184
I don’t see how they’re ridden, but aesthetically, remarkably beautiful. Definitely look forward to what you build this year.

Reallycoolbikes, Reallybigtim.

furyus

...and on the 8th day before RRB BO 16, OJ received this via pony express.
20210423_135530.jpg

When you work for a Trek shop, you have access to all kinds of onesy and twosy parts that are hidden in 'the system'. Electra Delivery rear wheel.

Please enter you own build. I am considering building a Shelby with your parts.
I've got the parts whenever you decide to build one!

I would love to enter, but I don't think that I will have time to build what's in my head. I might enter the next client bike in line just for fun.

I want to build a Shelby Arrow with modern lines much like the muscle cars that hit a few years ago.
The bike in my head is inspired by the Dodge Challenger. It will be built at some point!
challenger.jpg

Latest posts

Back