New guy, no laughing!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I stumbled across this site looking for a rear tire. I liked what I saw in here... Some cool bikes! 8)

So, to introduce myself... My name is Brent and I'm from Southern California. I haven't browsed around the site much but I have read the rules... I know we aren't allowed to talk about if peoples bikes meet a 'rat rod' criteria but just let me know what you think of it. nothing special, just all fun.

I have a cheap Wal-Mart bike. It's the La Jolla by Next. I'm sure you all see them around quite a bit... hahaha :roll: That bike plain and simple didn't do for me. I'm a kind of guy that loves to tinker with things, no matter what it is...

So I got a rear tire from Alan's Bike shop near me that is a 26 x 2.35 I don't know the brand of it. When I find out, I will let you guys know. It doesn't say anything on it. I wasn't able to fit a 3 incher in the back, so I have this tire on it until I figure something out.
On the front I have a 26 x 1.5 Avenir Streetster I purchased off of Amazon. it's pretty narrow! :shock: I'm not sure what to think about it yet. I just put that on a couple days ago.
Also on the front I had put on a set of tall handlebars approximately 13-14 inches tall. I love them! so since I purchased the handle bars I installed a black springer, I have always loved the springer...I just wasn't sure how the look would turn out with the tall handlebars i had just purchased prior to it. The look grew on me, I love it. Just to finish it, I had to have the white skull valve caps! :lol: (all 3 items I had purchased from a new bike shop on Coast Highway, forgot the name of it)
The rest is totally stock, frame and all. Just painted the wheels and the chain guard etc. Sorry about the low resolution picture, it was taken with my phone. I hope you guys wont look at it and recognize that it used to be a La Jolla Wal-Mart bike! HAHA :wink: Maybe in another month or so I will do some more things to it when I get ideas from you guys, then just maybe you wont recognize it as a Next brand bike! Thank for having me as your new member :oops: haha

[img]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu247/moparbrent253/mybike.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes. I have been browsing around off and on. But my Internet has been acting up. I'm getting anxious to start lookin into some threads you guys started, and look into the gallery some more! :x :lol:

Welcome to the fun MoparBrent, its not so much about what you ride, its about what you do with it, you've got a great start! By all means, Apes and springers go great together.

Thanks again for the welcomes you guys :D So how many of you have nick names for your bikes? HAHA :roll: Would you guys mind helping me figure out one for mine? I'm not good at that kinda stuff... :?

Welcome to the forum. I am so glad to see someone take a Wally World special and fix it into a one of a kind bike. That's what it really is all about -- doing things on the cheap. However, the bug will hit you and then whoosh----time to drop some bucks on the toys, haha.

Looking forward to seeing a New LaJolla. :lol:

I'm not really sure... No way in particular, just peeled them odd then used some goo-gone to get the rest off. You have a La Jolla too? You have some pics? I'd like to see! 8)

Welcome to the site!

i have a pacific that i bought complete for $25 that is that exact frame. i'm still debating whether i want to fix/tune-up/resell or if i want to rat it out.... but seeing yours has gotten some ideas in my head.... my fiance will not like this... i can already tell. hahahaha

I have no idea what kind of bike i got but it's gotta be some sort of new huffy. But like what was mentioned earlier, it does make for a cheap and easy start, just can't wait to make mine custom.

Latest posts

Back