new roadster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
roadster.jpg

I was just looking at bicycle bananas this morning, heck of a deal with free shipping. Were you pleased with the service?

necessaryevil said:
I was just looking at bicycle bananas this morning, heck of a deal with free shipping. Were you pleased with the service?
I got it in 4 days,the fedex driver even brought it up to work,when nobody was home to sign for it.

GTCOMA said:
looks nice! How does it ride?
rides great,I'll bring it to fernbank you can try it out. had to tweek a few things.but warning for those with long feet,there is only 2 inches between pedals and front fender when turning.

gcbike said:
GTCOMA said:
rides great,I'll bring it to fernbank you can try it out. had to tweek a few things.but warning for those with long feet,there is only 2 inches between pedals and front fender when turning.

I never thought about how close the pedals would be to the front wheel. I guess that rules out riding one with my clown shoes on...

Oh Ya, pretty close, but you should ride with the balls of your feet anyway. Can't beat free shipping!

kk_roadster.gif

I have a Schwinn OCC fork on mine, and it gave me a lot of clearance for my size 14s... I'm not a fan of the schwinn style springers anyways...

GTCOMA said:
gcbike said:
GTCOMA said:

I never thought about how close the pedals would be to the front wheel. I guess that rules out riding one with my clown shoes on...
already got it down,don't pedals when making sharp turns.

Oh WOW !! Another KK on the road! 8) You are gonna love such a sweet riding bike. I got mine a couple weeks ago from Bicycle Bananas. The box survived FedEx shipping with only a few dings in the box. One axle poked through the box (it didn't have a plastic axle cover on it) and buggered the threads but, easily fixed.

I see the "dyno virus" has hit you already, too! New bars, eh? I wanted to keep my Roadster "stock" but, the virus got me -- the only way to keep from getting it is abstinence, :) -- so, I have a bent springer, wider bars, shorter crank and metal BMX pedals coming next week. These bikes are so cool to ride and the "6 pack geometry" really makes sense. Slow and low -- that's the speed. Then, it will be time to learn pedal scraping!

For some really neat customized bikes based on the Dyno/KK frame go to http://forum.slownlow.com/

They have some true "experts" over there doing it up right all over the world.

Enjoy your ride....be prepared to be noticed when you are out on these two wheel beauties. :D

Latest posts

Back