Convert West Coast Chopper to Adult size.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone converted a Kids West Coast Chopper to accomadate an adult ?
I will be getting my hands on one of these, and would like to modify it for my wife/daughter so it will need to get stretched a bit, bigger wheel(s) maybe. all ideas welcome... thanks

I've got a WCC bike and have thought of trying to put a banana seat and sissy bar on it. I think the only challenges are the seat post on a WCC bike is huge, maybe 1-1/8" od, and the seat post is welded to the seat pan. I'd guess one could unbolt the seat from the pan, trim it, and weld a banana seat pan to what's left?

funny you should mention that i just scored a free wcc bike and i am planning on doing just that to it

The seat post size is 31.8 mm which is not all that hard to find in 350mm length. I believe the OCC Stinray's use the same size.

i just got to this forum and wandering through old threads. here is a stretch i tried

SANY0014.jpg

not too hard. the frame is stretched about 8" i've done two like this, but this one i played with a little more. the other is my nephews and i just put his stock wheels back on. this one has a 26x2 on the front and a 24x3 on the back. a 24x1.75 will fit if you hang it right off the end of the dropouts. i trimmed the frame a little and got a 24x3 in it. i want to cut the dropouts off and reposition them to get a little better adjustment room. putting gears on it kind of made it complicated. i can't get all the gears to work without it rubbing the tire.

i know it's an older thread but if you need more answers i'll try to take closer pics and/or explain it as well as i can.

this was my version springer style with air ride

n5q2ya.jpg

24157yo.jpg

just got a new rear wheel and frame lookin for idears too

I built my first stretch chopper... I cut up a spaceliner and stretched it. I learned a lot for my next one. I don't posess ony real fab skills, just an idea of how I wanted it, and access to a welder when no one was around to tell me I was doing it wrong... I'm not a welder. I just know the theory of it... It was fun. :)

Latest posts

Back