Coventry Eagle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife works at the same ford garage as myself, but a different department.... anyway, earlier this week she spotted an old bike from her window in one of the trucking company yards over the way, she thought it looked sweet :D so we tried to find who owned it, a lad i work with said it was his friends dads yard and he would ring him....it turned out to be said lads grandads and he wanted £20 for it .....anyway i went round with some money to look at it but junior and grandad where out and just dad was in who said ''oooh, just take it mate....hope your wife enjoys it'' :D COOL! and THANKS say I LOL!

STP81088.jpg

It has some nice little features, its a 5 speed ....lots of French bits on it... I dont know much about it really... its got 28'' wheels so need to think about what tyres to go for or change wheel size? any help would be great!! I'm going to spray it a pastel lilac sort of colour over next few days as per wifes instructions and fit a basket! I can have the back rack :)
Sorry to go on a bit! [a bit!!! :lol: ] but any tips off you guys for styling mods will be greatly appreciated!espesh wheels and tyres! :D
Boris

Rat Rod said:
Cool find Boris....that bike should clean up well and make your wife a happy lady. :wink:
:D :D Cheers, I now know how all you guys feel when you find something no one wants!...it makes you feel like you have a duty to turn it back into what it was built for I will post up pics when we get it back on the road where it belongs :D :D

STP81158.jpg

We [my young lads and i!] pulled the bike apart today, cleaned up the wheels ordered some new rubber for her and removed all the rust from the frame/forks then welded in a panel ready for the 'logo' and theme we have chose. My wife loves the Twilight books and movie :roll: [where talking 40yr old teenage crush with Edward lol!] :roll: so we are thinking something like ''LOVE, PEACE AND TWILIGHT'' ....will keep you posted.

Well its coming on..... still waiting on the right tyres!....
STP81190.jpg

I'm starting to think it looks like a french resistance bicycle :D what ever they should look like :D

Bicyclerick said:
Very cool bike, Did it have a headbadge like this?
016-24.jpg
WOW! I wish! thats a neat headbadge......'fraid the company may have been tightening the purse strings a bit :roll: by the time my wifes bike was made :D .......Hhmmmm......not quite as grand lol!......
STP81089.jpg

Boris said:
STP81190.jpg

I'm starting to think it looks like a french resistance bicycle :D what ever they should look like :D
Very nice bike! I just love reading your posts with a "British" accent :lol: Or maybe it's Scottish... :lol:

bikeriderx said:
Boris said:
STP81190.jpg

Very nice bike! I just love reading your posts with a "British" accent :lol: Or maybe it's Scottish... :lol:
LOL!! Cheers mate! :D Love the idea of you reading my posts in an English accent! But! if you could try and read them in a DURHAM accent [that i use] that would be even funnier ...its called ''pit talk'' where i come from, and is unique and somewhat bizzare!! :D I'll have to try and put up a post ''as i speak'' if i can ...i'll have a think about it :lol:

Latest posts

Back