A BIG THANK YOU

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, a big THANK YOU to any and all who have, does, and will pray for our troops. A BIG THANK YOU to all who have served, all who are serving, all who will consider serving our country and defending our freedoms. And another BIG THANK YOU for all who have prayed for my son's safe return from Iraq. He just called me prior to getting on the plane at Al Asad Air base.....he is on his way home for good this time!!!!!!! He has served 6 years with the Army, 82nd Airborne. His lovely bride will be meeting him at Ft Bragg in about 48 hours. If all goes well, he should be back to civilian life by January 2011, and back to school courtesy of the GI Bill.

Here is is at Airborne school in Ft Benning, Ga., what seems to be ages ago!!!!! He's one of what I call those crazy people who love to jump out of perfectly good aircraft! He lives by the motto "Airborne All The Way'" He'll be "retiring" as an E-6, or Seargent for those who don't know military grade ratings.
RussIII.jpg

And being the true Rat Rodder that he is, here is the bike he was using at the base in Iraq during his first deployment. The sand really took its toll on this one....can't tell you the parts I used to send to keep it rolling!!!
RUSSIRAQ1.jpg

This is the bike he was riding prior to joining the Army:
russraleigh8.jpg

And this is the bike I sent to Ft Bragg with my lovely daughter in law as a welcome home gift for #1 son!
WindsorWellington10.jpg

And this is my daughter in laws ride:
100_1038.jpg

And I Thank God for my son's safe return, continuing to pray for the safe return of all of our men and women defending our freedom, everywhere in the world!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

god bless that he made it home safe and sound, with loving arms waiting for him. 8) my brothers still got 2 years and 9 months left of active duty, and i hope and pray he stays safe wherever they send him. so when you see him, tell him i appriciate everything. :D

tikiharl said:
Tell him "Thank You" from me, a fellow 82nd Vet. 1/504 Inf. Btl. 76-79
Airborne and All The Way !!!!!!!

wow, my son is 2-504 PIR ! I think my daughter-in-law is very happy to have her husband back.
37452_1508839525394_1366525896_3134.jpg

SGT Z and his bride should be back in FLA by January if all goes well. Thanks to all for your kind comments, prayers, support, and service. We must remember to continue to support those who still serve. NEVER FORGET!

Latest posts

Back