Monark fork Ladies 26" Firestone tank bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
firestone.jpg

How do I found out A: What it is? and B: how old it is? Serial is on the bottom bracket area but I didn't write it down

I got it yesterday at a bike/car swap and I wanted it for less, but I got a free car roof rack thrown in. It's kinda meant for someone if they fit it, other wise I'll flip it.

I rebuilt the rear hub this evening and now it rides awesome!

I think that bike was meant to have balloon tires. It looks like you have 26 X 1.75 instead of 26 X 2.125. If you put some fat tires on it, it will look a lot better in my opinion. Gary

Those forks are sweet. I'll call dibs on the springer and swing arms, You just called the fork..... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

they actually are 26x2.1's on there. The fenders aren't quite lines up right and are a little banged up.

I think it'd sorta be a shame to parts it out since all it's missing is the front light. I need to get some batteries and see if the horn still works.

How do I found out A: What it is? and B: how old it is? Serial is on the bottom bracket area but I didn't write it down
It's a Firestone bike built by Monark, you probably already knew that. :lol: The serial # will tell the year, but likely 46-52, since they went with a different style springer in 53.-Adam

what do I look for on the serial number for the year?

It's a great bike, but just too small so I think I'll have to sell it. Not gonna part it out unless someone wants the frame/tank.

Oh, and there's almost an exactly match of the bike on ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/Firestone-Super-Cru ... 0391315154

I doubt it'll sell for that much. Any idea what I should ask for mine? Gonna try craigslist so I don't have to ship

subadrew said:
what do I look for on the serial number for the year?

It's a great bike, but just too small so I think I'll have to sell it. Not gonna part it out unless someone wants the frame/tank.

Oh, and there's almost an exactly match of the bike on ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/Firestone-Super-Cru ... 0391315154

I doubt it'll sell for that much. Any idea what I should ask for mine? Gonna try craigslist so I don't have to ship
Their bikes are mostly overpriced imo. But your fork alone is worth about $100. Whole, maybe $150, depending on your local market. It's worth more in parts, of course. You could easily find buyers for the tank, chainguard, crank/chainring, fenders, and rear rack, but you'd probably have to ship. -Adam

Latest posts

Back